Contradictory battery instructions

Wiggles
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all. I've just received a G&P Stubby Killer that i purchased from Wolf Armouries (really fast delivery btw). The problem is that there's some conflicting messages about which battery should be used in the gun. Various other outlets all say that the gun can use up to an 8.4v large type battery but the gun itself has arrived in the box with a small tag saying '7.2v only'.

The gun is wrapped in bubble wrap and the box has no markings so I'm guessing it's not the original G&P box. Is the tag from G&P or did Wolf Armouries stick it on there? Should I stick to a 7.2v battery or is it safe to use an 8.4v battery instead considering what other outlets have stated?

Thanks in advance.

• Supporters

8.4v refers to a NiMh battery, 7.2v would be a LiPo. Either will be fine, what they don't want you to use is an 11.1v lipo. 

When I bought my G&P gun from them it had the same 7.2v sticker on it. It's a croc of sh*t and makes no sense. Besides the fact that they completely screwed me over with the gun that I bought and after numerous emails and calls, nothing was done, I don't use them anymore but off topic. 

Just use a 7.4v LiPo and ignore the 7.2v bollocks. 

Most G&P guns come in plain brown boxes from the factory and a silver sticker on the end.

As stated, the 7.2V tag means nothing, I don't know why they have them on all of their guns. I'd wager that the majority of G&P users around the world actually use 11.1V lipos nowadays.

Archived