Storm Tactical - Operation Navarok- Launch Event 9.7.2017

RussAFO
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

OPERATION NAVAROK - 'A Storm is coming "

Please join Storm Tactical Airsoft for our launch event on the 9th July 2017. Free memberships to Storm Tactical on the day, goody bags and giveaways to ! Charity Raffle with some awesome Airsoft prizes. 

Gates open at 08:00hrs, 10:00hrs first game. Late finish, more trigger time, more game play ! Camping available from 18:00hrs on the Saturday night. Superb facilities include purpose built toilet block, hot water, elctricity, wifi and food available all weekend, covered areas in the safe zone. large car park. Game zone includes The Jungle, Trenches, The Village and The Fort and much more. 

Driver Wood, Old Hollow, Copthorne, RH10 4TA

Fast paced, objective driven, tactical gameplay. MIlsim Lite Hybrid for the opening event. No Guard duty, yomping or boredom. Lunch and hydrations breaks throughout the day.  

£25.00 Walk on  

£50.00 Rental 

-includes, Valken M4, tac vest, mags, sling and top notch face protection. Valken Thermo face mask
Platoon Stores, Rochester will be on site to provide rentals, technical back up and a shop full of kit ! 
www.platoonstores.co.uk

Please book via FB or call/text us on 07925 530 742

Menu on site.

All cans/bottles £1.00, Monster/Red bull £1.50 - Crisps, chocolate Bars @ 60p

Free tea and coffee

From 08:30 for breakfast

Bacon Roll .............. £2.00

Sausage Roll ...........£2.00

Bacon & Sausage ....£3.00

Lunch

As above

or

Single Burger .......£2.50

Double Burger ......£3.50

Triple Burger .........£4.00

Add cheese...no cost.

Add bacon...50p

More food to be added. 

For the future membership of Storm Tactical will reduce the walk on fee to £15.00. Play 5 games get one free. This also includes discounts to other Storm events. Forthcoming events include weekday evening twilight games, weekend events, night games and much, much more. 

Discount on BB's, smokes, pyros. 

Look forward to your support.

Russ & Matt @ Storm Tactical Airsoft. 

Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 13.31.53.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Head Moderator

Place booked.  Anyone else from the forum going?

• Supporters

I am. We are camping over, will be good to see you again Jedi, hope to meet you Samurai also. I shall be sniping also. Think my bros repping the M60 or his TM recoil.

If anyone else is camping, look out for the Defender and come and see us and say hello!

• Head Moderator

Good to see @PT247, @Prisce again, and meet @Samurai (recognised by the leaves).  I had a good day out and was totally exhausted at the end from the heat and all moving around the woods. The last quick game, King of the Hill, with the smokes and bangs was a laugh and a good way to end the day.  I like the safe zone set-up, it is a good size area with incredible toilets, and the catering was spot on. Platoon Stores mobile shop is also useful. The small range next to the chrono was useful for a quick check of gun functions and basic set of hop-up.

@RussAFO Appreciate that it was your opening day and that you will test and adjust as you go along, my quick feedback is:

Mapping - You need some large maps in the safe zone, at least one on the wall of the player shelter  and another by the briefing stage. This will really help with player orientation, and be useful for the game/team briefings. I did experience geographical confusion when out in the woods for the first few games. I know that when I raised the question of maps you did fetch me a laminated A4 sized map which really helped the players understand the site layout.

Chrono - I liked that you put the BBs into the player magazine so that we all fired the same weight BB. I think that a small coloured tag (zip tie) on every gun would clearly show who had been chronographed. With more players attending you would need to ensure that no one slips through with a hot gun, so a quick visual check would be useful.

Netting - First, the site boundary needs to be more clearly marked. I managed to go flanking out of bounds without realising (explained why I was able to get behind the other team).  Second, possibly out of your control but the sheer amount of nets across the site is restrictive to play. It may keep paintballers in a zone but it just frustrating for airsoft, and they need removing or just rolling up out of the way.  

• Supporters

Yes it was great to meet Samurai and Pt247, and to see you again Jedi, hope I can catch you all again down there. I think your review is spot on, the site has awesome potential, and the marshals are great guys, for a first game day I think it went better than expected.

I would add one thing, the marshals looked great in the matching gear, but I would suggest wearing High Vis so everyone can see you and you don't get shot as much!:D

Guest PT247

I concur with most and have further points but am currently piecing together a video review with gameplay footage so mine will be out probs closer to the end of the week. Ace to see y'all again though! :-)

• Supporters
2 hours ago, PT247 said:

I concur with most and have further points but am currently piecing together a video review with gameplay footage so mine will be out probs closer to the end of the week. Ace to see y'all again though! :-)

Darn, I didn't even know you were there. I not a big talker but I would have said hello. Hopefully next time.

Guest PT247

ha, I thought we were working as a mini team at one point, you in ghille and me running parallel with my PDW, I was on blues with Jedi

• Head Moderator
8 minutes ago, Samurai said:

Darn, I didn't even know you were there. I not a big talker but I would have said hello. Hopefully next time.

2 minutes ago, PT247 said:

ha, I thought we were working as a mini team at one point, you in ghille and me running parallel with my PDW, I was on blues with Jedi

I thought I had introduced you both.  Yes, we were all on the Blue team. One game we had taken defensive positions next to each other in the trenches.

I would also echo some of the comments above.

Save Zone - Very nice and spacious, great toilets and food

Staff were all very welcoming and happy to resolve any issues

Gaming area has some nice features, liked the trench system and lots of cover, but the amount of netting throughout completely ruined the games.  People were often going out of bounds unknowingly due to this.

Wasn't keen on the amount of people dry firing and later in the day letting off smokes an pyro's in the safe zone

Didn't feel like a milsim - but being the fist event that is understandable 

hope to come along again

thanks

Gutted I missed this, sounds like everyone had a great time. Im on an Airsoft Hiatus until after September 12th due to Marriage (welts on the face etc)..... dont make the mistake I did people...

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Gutted I missed this, sounds like everyone had a great time. Im on an Airsoft Hiatus until after September 12th due to Marriage (welts on the face etc)..... dont make the mistake I did people...

You haven't even married yet but are regretting it already? :D

1 hour ago, Samurai said:

You haven't even married yet but are regretting it already? :D

Not regretting getting married, regretting the deal I made with the Dev... Other half...

I wont go 2 months before, if you wear that underwear....

Guest PT247

I've posted a video review on the other thread as well as in the site review section. I will do a follow up review once the site has had a chance to settle in and address some of the issues. :)

Archived