TMG17 gen 3 with Guarder frame and slide, not firing correctly

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Anybody have an idea?

it will shoot three or four bb's no problem, then the slide is very slow returning. After that it shoots two bb's at once for a couple of rounds, and then you have to manually cockpit it every time.

Manual cocking makes it fire two bb's at once most of the time.

Once I eject the mag, the cycle repeats.

It had a similar problem with the TM slide and body before I switched it over, when I stripped it down, the only issue I could find that was obvious was was the trigger frame/slider screw mount was snapped, which is when I switched the body and slide over to the Guarder.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated

Thanks

John

• Root Admin

Nothing looks out of order, but that does look like it's not been lubricated (perhaps just the flash but it looks like moisture has got to it?). Have you cleaned and lubed the slide rails (both inside the slide where it contacts the rails and on the top of the frame)? Also, take out the recoil spring and guide (the black rod with the spring on it) and check that the front of it moves freely with minimal friction. Disassemble and clean it, then lubricate it as well.

Cleaning with isopropyl alcohol is a good idea and lubricate with silicone oil or a CLP of some sort if you've not already.

Edit

If that doesn't work then next stop is the hammer assembly as it could be light striking the magazine valve. Though this is unlikely and will require some extensive disassembly and cleaning. May be worth dropping a couple of drops of silicone oil into the hammer/striker assembly at the back and then actuating it a bit without a magazine in before firing.

Cheers mate, I'll try the clean then lubricate tomorrow, and oil the hammer before I go further, and report back tomorrow.

its not dry or corroded, but they are weird marks aren't they!

John

Ok, so I think this is the culprit.

its the link between trigger and hammer.

Top one is from the TM17, and rocks when you place it on a flat surface.

Bottom is from a TM26, and is perfectly flat.

Once I've sourced another, I'll let you know how I get on

john

IMG_9673.JPG

Well what do you know, had a new one in a box.

But, it was for something else, not a  TM, slightly different shaped lug.

Looks like I need to try and straighten or source another :)

So bought a Guarder trigger bar, still didn't fire correctly.

Cue staying up to 1.30 this morning building a new hammer assembly (never done that before, so it was a bit of a job), seems to be working well so back down the range to try again.

John

• Root Admin

Trigger bar would not explain the slide failing to return anyway.

Hammer could be sitting proud but wouldn't make a huge amount of sense for it to. Check the hammer spring isn't the problem (as it could be light striking the mag).

3 hours ago, proffrink said:

Trigger bar would not explain the slide failing to return anyway.

Hammer could be sitting proud but wouldn't make a huge amount of sense for it to. Check the hammer spring isn't the problem (as it could be light striking the mag).

Completely new hammer assembly components with new Guarder springs, used but good frame for the assembly, I'm feeling confident :)

• Supporters

Hi just stumbled across this thread.

There was a thread on another forum about upgrading TM Glocks that was probably the most in depth i have ever seen, the OP stated that there were some alignment issues with Guarder slides but it seems you have the problem before you switched over.

Anyways i dont know if im allowed to link other forums here (i dont think the admins are as militant as the ones on Z1) but nonetheless heres the link, its quite a long read but well worth it.

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=140496

• Head Moderator
4 minutes ago, Shizbazki said:

Anyways i dont know if im allowed to link other forums here (i dont think the admins are as militant as the ones on Z1) but nonetheless heres the link, its quite a long read but well worth it.

I have no issue with you putting a useful link here to help forum members; a good read.  (A reason why this is a friendly and relaxed forum)

57 minutes ago, Shizbazki said:

Hi just stumbled across this thread.

There was a thread on another forum about upgrading TM Glocks that was probably the most in depth i have ever seen, the OP stated that there were some alignment issues with Guarder slides but it seems you have the problem before you switched over.

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=140496

Cheers, I'll give it a read, thank you

• Root Admin

That's the thread I too started linking here a long time ago in all the 'wot upgrades' threads, but I don't think it's related to your problem. Guarder updated their slides in 2015 so unless yours is older than that, there won't be an issue. A good read for sure, but I don't think you'll find a solution in there.

Also, not being allowed to link outside threads/sales here? Shizbazki, how long have you been a member for and are still unsure about that lol? It's one of the key reasons why people use AFUK over Z1 in the first place.

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, proffrink said:

Also, not being allowed to link outside threads/sales here? Shizbazki, how long have you been a member for and are still unsure about that lol? It's one of the key reasons why people use AFUK over Z1 in the first place.

Hehe for quite a while now it seems (wow time flies), i just woke up after finishing a night shift was still in pre coffee sleepy induced state, getting my forums mixed up lol.

Archived