Noob Question! Is this a mini Tamiya connector??

Mushingtons
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Sorry for the stupid question I have just bought the IMAX B6 and my batteries don't come until Monday so I just want to know whether I've got to order an adapter for the charger or not!! 

image.jpg

21 minutes ago, Hangtight said:

Google....

Did google it actually but from image search it seems to be different to standard female connectors, hence why I thought I'd ask the more experienced people on this forum who may even have the same charger! :mellow:

If your Imax hasn't come with a selection of leads to suit different batteries you may have a knock off.

I have a selection just nothing that looks like it would fit a mini Tamiya. Im new to the whole battery thing looks like the cables provided are mainly suited to deans though.

They'll be Deans on one end because that's what Imax use to connect the adaptor leads to the charger. Lay all the adaptor leads out in a nice neat line and let's see if we can identify the correct one for you.

Pretty confident none of these are mini Tamiya 

would I be able to charge them with the crocodile clips? Could always require my batteries and aeg to deans but I don't want to invalidate the warranty! 

image.jpg

Nope, none of those are mini Tamiya. The one with the 4mm banana plugs and the male Deans is the one that plugs into the output of the Imax. The rest of the leads then plug into the Deans to give you a variety of charging options.

So you need a female Deans to male Tamiya (your battery should have female Tamiya).

http://www.componentshop.co.uk/male-mini-tamiya-to-deans-female-charger-adapter.html

A whole £1.50.

But to be honest, just fit female Deans to your batteries.

Archived