Electrical Tape - Airsoft Magic Fixer Elixir

AshOnSnow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I think most of us have employed the use of electrical/pvc tape at some point. Share your ingenious uses for this wonderful sticky little friend!

I've used it on my magazines to stop wobble in the magwell, and on my M4 crane stock buffer tube to stop any rattle and make adjusting the position super smooth and quiet.

Now I'm about to put a couple of strips on the inside of my Nuprol magazine carriers to tighten up the passive retention.

I used it to hold the takedown lever in on my WE XDM because i lost the spring!  (It would slowly slip out every time I shot)

It worked for half a day, then it slipped loose and broke the internal hammer pin on the back.. oops.

I've also used it to hold together a flashlight and then attach it to an AK.

I always carry a roll on me to every game day, and i've lent it out a couple times to people who need it, very useful stuff!

Cohesive tape ftw. Only sticks to itself. Used it for attaching a torch to loan aeg, fixing torch pressure pad to aeg, to cover a fitbit to prevent the screen from being shot out (in conjunction with a bit of plastic).

Always carrying tape on game day, electrical, double sided, velcro, cohesive and sniper.

• Moderators

Nothing major with me, although im sure there was another topic with this in....or a topic got side railed!!! haha:D

just to attach the pressure switch to my grip, tape up the straps on my mask and cover some screws on ear protectors for fast helmet....

have many colours as well ,multi pack from homebase

also use silver or yellow to mark the mags i have tracers in when i use them....

Similar to ben I use different colour on different mags so I know what has been loaded, tracer or normal etc.

• Moderators

forgot to add, very useful to seal the hatch on speed loaders as its lost its clippyness and usually find bb's have come out!

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Electrical tape is for rookies.

As mentioned above, amalgamation tape is the best.

(Cut & paste of an old post of mine - sorry if you've already had to endure it before...)

"The amount of guys I see doing bodge safe zone repair jobs with with electrical tape, or even plain ol' sellotape is crazy.

The secret is Rubber "amalgamation" tape.

It's black, soft rubber in feel and it fuses to itself so there's no adhesive involved to leave a sticky mess on your gun.

If you pull it really right and take your time it can look very tidy, or even a rush tape job will do the job for the rest of the day.

I've used to to keep my M203 from opening by itself one day (catch became very loose mid-game)

Pehs0tP.jpg

When my flashlight mount didn't arrive in time, it was perfect for fastening my torch to my gun

lugDvc0.jpg

qiQEzWb.jpg

And even made a makeshift grip on an M4 after cutting my right hand on a tree, which made it softer to hold and made do until I got home.

IVc1BBx.jpg

It's magical stuff and the £4 roll isn't even half gone yet. 

I recommend anyone keep it in their rifle bag."

14 hours ago, L3wisD said:

Electrical tape is for rookies.

It's magical stuff and the £4 roll isn't even half gone yet. 

I recommend anyone keep it in their rifle bag."

I've got to get me some of that!

• Mostly Retired Moderators
2 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

I've got to get me some of that!

Aye, it's great!

It's gone up a quid since I bought it. Still good value.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B003A5MRF8/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1497615477&sr=8-11&pi=AC_SX211_SY304_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=amalgamating+tape

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, AshOnSnow said:

now weirdly, earlier on, i was going to post the screwfix link as well as other amazon ones but SF was out of stock with no date on restock! haha

Archived