Sig 556 problems - AGAIN.

LazzurusMan
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Okay, gearbox apart, new o ring going on piston head. I had no issues with this one on the other head, so hopefully this will solve the issue. Im also cleaning it and re lubing with dedicated cylinder grease.

I'll tell you one thing that does loose you around 60-70fps...when the washer you installed to correct the AOE comes unstuck and stops the piston travelling all the way forward. Makes a mess of the piston rack too. Only ever did that once....

Well the washer was in place, butneven after a full clean andbre lube im still only hetting 260-280.

I think Ill try removing the washer and see what happens. Isnt a lot else I can do.

Removing washer did nothing, still firing 260-280 and failing the paper test.

Ive noticed air coming out through the hop chamber and black bit attached to the back for the nozzle to sit in.

Anyone worked on a ka sig and know hownto solve said issue?

I have an ICS 556 I've not up graded anything, but have come across two issues with it firstly it doesn't like feeding on half a mag, ICS own brand mags that is, secondly it didn't like a 11.1 v LiPo battety in it, fired a few shots on semi was fine switched to full auto also fine, back to semi and it was firing 2/3/4 rnds at a time then a single, back to full auto fired fine, back again to semi and same thing happened stopped straight away, swapped battery out for a 7.4 LiPo and she fired ok in both semi and full auto each time I switched which was about 7/8 times. Not sure if this any help you just my experience of same weapon but not upgraded 

Archived