How many shots per battery charge

pjgtech
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I assume this is like asking how long is a piece of string, but is there a formual or guide to work out roughly how many shots you should get from your fully charged battery pack?

I'm assuming the variables would be, the gun in question, the battery in question (eg: its capacity), the type of pellet used, eg: plastic or metal and the weight.

Thanx

bb weight won't mean anything. Spring tension and gearbox friction losses will do it. Why would it be important anyhow? As long as you can shoot from one battery in an all day session you're golden.

Sorry, should have siad, I'm a noob, so I didn't know if a charged battery would last all day, which was why I posted the question. So a charged battery should last a full day, great, thanx.

I take two 7.4 1300mah lipos on a game day, and end up using both for my recoil shock. 

It depends on what gun your using, id say get atleast two to be safe.

• Head Moderator
3 hours ago, pjgtech said:

I'm assuming the variables would be, the gun in question, the battery in question (eg: its capacity), the type of pellet used, eg: plastic or metal and the weight.

The plastic ball that you shoot is called a BB.  Airsoft guns do not (and should not) shoot metal BBs which would break player eye protection. The weight of the plastic BB used will effect range, heavier weights maintain their  momentum longer, hence sniper rifles use heaviest weight BBs the hop can lift to get increased distance.

• Supporters

As a rule of thumb for older type batteries (nimh and nicd) it's about 1.2-1.5 x capacity in mAh. So an 1000mAh battery shoots let's say about 1300 shots. Lipos do 1.5 - 2x their capacity. This is with average, not upgraded but shimmed, lubed AEGs. Your playstyle, the gun, even the weather affects this, so don't expect it to be an accurate estimation.

8 minutes ago, Samurai said:

As a rule of thumb for older type batteries (nimh and nicd) it's about 1.2-1.5 x capacity in mAh. So an 1000mAh battery shoots let's say about 1300 shots. Lipos do 1.5 - 2x their capacity. This is with average, not upgraded but shimmed, lubed AEGs. Your playstyle, the gun, even the weather affects this, so don't expect it to be an accurate estimation.

S'about right. It's also worth bearing in mind that a lot of "Airsoft" batteries are actually a bit crap. For example the Nuprol buffer tube batteries are labelled as 1350mah,but if you run them until the voltage output sags, then your smart charger will tell you that they only take 1050mah to be fully charged. If you've got the space, buy RC batteries from Overlander (for example) cos they're better quality and cheaper.

Archived