My Next Media Project

JerseyRider
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My Next Media Project

Hi guys

I havnt done a Full Media Project scince GCSE Media Studies so i would like to do one as a personal project....

ATM i am doing a promo video for the Jersey Sea Cadets however its takeing abit of time to get footage due to there beeing only certain times i can film...

So in the meantime i thought i would start my own one... A Music Video!

My Media projects reflect whats new with me like my school project featured Airsoft as that was what i had just got into

This time around it will be around bikes (as much as possible) however i am having trouble finding a song that fits with motorcycleing and i am having trouble thinking of a means of filming on road footage etc

Now i have had a couple of music ideas but i carnt really decide

Far East Movement - Rocketeer

http://www.directlyrics.com/far-east...ideo-news.html

Non Phixion - Say Goodbye to Yesterday (remix)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXF1AwPnzKs

The reason i choose these was there nice chilled out songs.... I dont want a song to high tempo that i will having to be going 70 to make it look good and i dont want it too low tempo so that its.... well depressing... Just i nice chill out song... something you would easily ride to on a EASY RELAXING sunday morning :)

Any suggestions or ideas would be great :D

Thanks again guys

Jack

P.S This was copyied form my Biker Commuinity Forum so you wont understand why i put "EASY RELAXING Sunday Morning"

Not just that a number of problems....

FIrstly they have tripled the amount of speed checks and Patrols in Jersey Due to there beeing like a majour crash every week?

Secondly the last time i tried it shuck the cam so much it thought it had broke it but i think it was just the Batt power going....

Thirdly my "tank cam" only records in 4:3 which is a box.... My hand cam shoots in Widescreen so there is a resolution differnce which is a pain in the arse when it comes to editing because editing programs like to have everything in one screen resolution

• AF-UK Founding Member

I don't see your issue with the video size, just use only the hand cam?

If you are going to go down the music route I think I'd stick to an instrumental rather than something with lyrics.

The handcam is worth alot more money and i havnt got a mount for it.... And no handle bar space to stick a mount

Why do you recon i should stick to instrumental Dev?

• AF-UK Founding Member

Just personal preference I guess. I think if you want something relaxing you don't lyrics complicating it. It's too easy to be distracted by them for watching something which doesn't change much as you watch it.

• 2 months later...

well im guessing you know basic stuff like getting stable footage buy using after effects/similar software. and also if its a music video i would guess you vae a decent audio sequencer to work with. logicif your mac cubase if your pc(or mac) best thing to do if you want the sound of your bike, is if you got a garage. try and put sheets up or some other fabric so that it drys out the sound and record the noise of your bike raise the back wheel(and point it out your garge to avoide death) and record nice clean audio either out wind or passing cars. if you not got a garage........then can do the same by bodging a dry room. then just dub it over with cubase.

i enjoy projects such as these. id love to see your end project

Archived