Bedding in bucking - BB Weight

callumbagshaw
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I've searched for an answer to this but been unable to find one. Perhaps my question is so stupid it hasn't been worth asking...

Anyway, I'm receiving a new inner barrel & bucking within the next week for my KJW KC-02 - I've been told I may have to send around 1.5.k/2k rounds through it to get the hop bedded in properly. My question is: does the weight of the BB have any effect on how fast, or how well the bucking beds in? I'll be using .32g BBs (or heavier) once the hop is bedded in, but it seems a waste of good (and expensive) BBs to  use them to bed the hop in.... would some blaster .2's (or even crappier) do the same job?

Cheers! 

• Supporters

That's only with tha FE70 hop rubber, as it massively over hops everything when new. 

However seen as the FE70 is no longer in production, I doubt you have one off them.

most other hop rubbers take very little to bed in

edit :- any bb weight will do if you want to try and bed the stock hop rubber in

2 minutes ago, sp00n said:

That's only with tha FE70 hop rubber, as it massively over hops everything when new. 

However seen as the FE70 is no longer in production, I doubt you have one off them.

most other hop rubbers take very little to bed in

edit :- any bb weight will do if you want to try and bed the stock hop rubber in

Cheers mate, it's a TNT inner barrel & hop rubber. A girl posted on the Facebook group saying she'd experienced problems but had to bed it in (can't remember if she said how many bbs it took or anything so the 1k-2k figure was taken from the FAQ).

Cheers though if it's not hopping properly I'll be sure to use some .2's :) 

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, callumbagshaw said:

Cheers mate, it's a TNT inner barrel & hop rubber. A girl posted on the Facebook group saying she'd experienced problems but had to bed it in (can't remember if she said how many bbs it took or anything so the 1k-2k figure was taken from the FAQ).

Cheers though if it's not hopping properly I'll be sure to use some .2's :) 

What's weird is a lot off people didn't bed there's in and had good results.

I would be tempted to try it first, if it's not very good, stick 100 bb's through it then try it again etc

8 minutes ago, sp00n said:

What's weird is a lot off people didn't bed there's in and had good results.

I would be tempted to try it first, if it's not very good, stick 100 bb's through it then try it again etc

Yeah course - airsoft is 95% trial and error!! 

Archived