Gun painting advice

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Morning guys,

Just looking for some advice from you all. I used to own a Steyr Aug AEG which I painted olive drab for the paramilitary edition. Used a plastic primer and paint (both Krylon) and it did a good job, was durable but did begin to fade on the high contact parts eventually. .. 

Now here's my situation. I am after painting the grips on my Beretta 92FS (instead of paying £80 for the walnut grips(mental price). Can anyone offer advice or experience ? The gun is essentially a show piece so will not be put under arduous use but the paint needs to be durable.  

Should I just bite the bullet and depart my £80 or is painting an option. I have put some pics below to show the cross hatching pattern on the grips which could causean issue with high-spotting on the paint.

Thanks in advance guys,

Nick

20170610_225041.jpg

20170501_212035.jpg

Thanks for all your help guys. I gave that link a go but they are still coming up at the £70 mark for the ones that are in stock.

Rob, you have my full attention-  Are you a sales rep XD. 

Honestly though,  do you have a election of different films you could use ? Walnut is lovely but if you can 'pimp my gun' - lets do it!

Archived