What AEG to buy? Nuprol Recon Alpha vs G&G CM16

Mushingtons
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I know that there are multiple posts on the forum of this nature and I apologize but i have spent the last two or three days reading up on threads of this nature and i still cant seem to make my mind up between the following guns:

• Nuprol Delta Series - Recon Alpha
  • G&G Combat Machine CM16 SRXL

I have a budget of around £250 (can stretch if necessary) so if anyone has any recommendations that will blow these two out of the water feel free to let me know! 

I tend to play a mixture of woodland and CQB games and would prefer an M4 variant ideally.

Thanks!

Get the best gun you can afford is my advice.

Remember things like extra mags, battery, charger etc all need to be taken into account.

From  my limited knowledge I would say the Raider over the Nuprol, as they have been around longer and more common

I was looking at the G&G CM16 or GC16s anyone have any views on these seems to be very mixed? Was looking a bit more upmarket to the raider and the £250 budget was for the gun alone I have set aside money for other gear and I have my UKARA

On 12/06/2017 at 3:03 PM, Mushingtons said:

I was looking at the G&G CM16 or GC16s anyone have any views on these seems to be very mixed? Was looking a bit more upmarket to the raider and the £250 budget was for the gun alone I have set aside money for other gear and I have my UKARA

The performance and quality of guns in the £150 to £250 range is a bit 'iffy' in terms of value (not quality) when compared with the guns in the up to £150 and the £250 to £350 price ranges, if you're willing to spend £250 on your first gun, you really really should not limit yourself to research without the guns which cost £350 and below (to £250). Some of the best airsoft guns (by reputation for manufacturer customer service(spare parts), durability and 'out of the box range and function') reside in that price bracket.

Me personally, I think that a person's first AEG (with the exception of Tokyo Marui and maybe ASG) should be either not more than £150, or not less than £250 (but not more than £350 unless TM again).

Furthermore, even the best airsoft guns have problems or functional issues discovered years after release (eg the krytac/spring motor drama, the Tokyo marui trademark issues, or the continuously changing battery advice and re-release of stronger parts for certain ASG guns), buying something released in the last 18 months (nuprol) for your first gun, is not advisable. :)

I'd say get the G&G and save up to buy the best gun you can next, on other hand, no one has bad things to say about Krytac M4s, they come in a range of lengths and they're all internally the same.

Don't buy an M4 in the £150-250(300) price range!

Good points above, looking to maybe get a Krytac instead is not a bad shout at all if you can afford the extra otherwise a raider will do you fine until you can afford a krytac ;) 

Could stretch to a Krytac if that's what you'd recommend! Just got my tax return so need something irresponsible to spend it on :lol: 

Is it actually possible to purchase a Krytac it seems they are out of stock absolutely everywhere!

• Moderators

why not ICS....to throw it in there :D:D

myself and my brother use various ICS AEGs and not had any issues, within similar price range although mine are more the higher end than brothers but only paying for a full metal version.....

CXP series are great and fire perfect OOTB!

• Supporters

Ares amoeba series

The electronic triggers are excellent, I absolutely love my vz58 (has the mag well adapter so I can use m4 mags). Had zero issues with mine, fantastic range, amazing trigger response.

Archived