Got onto UKARA database today

warlord
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Woohoo finally got onto database now UKARA is available to register new players. When will I get my ID badge and does it come with a wallet with a gold star in? :D

But seriously, UKARA website is now accepting online player registrations. Just lucky to play game 3 today on the qualifying day and Zed logged on and registered me there and then.

The "new" ukara database is a joke by the way, my local site showed it to me whilst attempting (and failing) to renew mine. The developer behind it is clearly either extremely inexperienced or just a fricking moron.

When they first got access to the new system, they had another sites details as well. 

I didn't say it was good. Just that I got on it :) Only thing it stores seems to be name, age and postcode. All the validation of identity is handled by the site. So a quick flash of photo id (drivers license) and you're good to go. The site actually took more details for it's membership than were filled in on the UKARA database.

• Moderators

Think its been online for a while now?, can you still self check?, couldn't see it the other day on there a si needed my UKARA number and lost the email .....since found it :)

• Root Admin
22 hours ago, GiantKiwi said:

The "new" ukara database is a joke by the way, my local site showed it to me whilst attempting (and failing) to renew mine. The developer behind it is clearly either extremely inexperienced or just a fricking moron.

When they first got access to the new system, they had another sites details as well. 

b-b-b-b-ut he's got military clearance...

8 hours ago, proffrink said:

b-b-b-b-ut he's got military clearance...

Maybe he does, but that doesn't mean sh*t if he doesn't know how to actually write in PHP.

11 hours ago, 00kingi said:

Not working at all for me so god knows how you done it :(

This was the first time the guys at Zed had been able to successfully add anyone. I don't envy everyone the task of having to input their backlogs.

I couldn't find anything to use to self-check though. But as I saw him enter it directly instead of me doing paperwork I knew it was on.

It must have worked as I ordered from Gun-fire yesterday.

52 minutes ago, warlord said:

It must have worked as I ordered from Gun-fire yesterday.

Assuming that they actually checked your number, they may ask for it but it doesn't mean they check it's valid.  

1 minute ago, AndyGif290368 said:

Assuming that they actually checked your number, they may ask for it but it doesn't mean they check it's valid.  

True. But it did put my order on hold until they found I'd put it into the Courier details box :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mostly Retired Moderators

Two friends of mine were at the Mall last night and said it only took ten minutes to get their membership sorted and got their ukara numbers sorted as well.

Looks to be improved from the old way of taking a few weeks!

do you get any email confirmation still once you've been added? i'm waiting for mine to be actioned but i had to take it into my local shop who said they have to email it over to UKARA to be put on the system.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, AndyGif290368 said:

When did the ukara site, change to this current version with the yellow "it's bolloxed" disclaimer at the bottom?

News, June 2017: Dear players, game sites and retailers. We apologise for the extended disruption between March to the end of the May this year caused by a software update coinciding with server failure. Due to the difficulties of reverting the system and base line age of the frame work UKARA took the opportunity to develop a new replacement platform. This system is still being developed, game sites and retailers now have access and are able to process player searches, update player expires and add new airsoft skirmishers. The player self check functionality, and online player application form will be unavailable for several months.

Does this mean that they're going back to the manual "self-checks" etc?

At least they finally admit they lost the data.

Archived