Sniper chest gear?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've recently switched to a sniper rifle but i haven't bought a chest rig specifically for it. I have a viper chest carrier but it is big and heavy and doesn't suit my playstyle.

I therefore played a match without it and some noob sprayed up my back within 5 meters. This, obviously wasn't fun, so what would you guys recommend for me to wear as a sniper? I have been thinking about a H harness and a belt but after this, I have decided it leaves me too open.

• Supporters

I dont use anything on my chest. I use a Safariland (RHC) battle belt and a backpack.

1 hour ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

I dont use anything on my chest. I use a Safariland (RHC) battle belt and a backpack.

That's what I mean. Most people do that but I want to avoid this incident if it somehow happens again.

• Supporters

Well, in order to take the sting out of a burst of BBs, youll need a PC. A LBV doesnt do much to take the sting out of them. I suppose get a Plate Carrier, remove the plates to make it light as possible, and run with nothing on it?

8 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

how do you know you were sprayed by a noob?

The marshal talked to him about it and it was his first time. It just goes to show that people don't listen to important stuff like the rules.

40 minutes ago, AvidAirsofter776 said:

The marshal talked to him about it and it was his first time. It just goes to show that people don't listen to important stuff like the rules.

I encountered that in one my earlier outdoor games, I was crouching in the bushes and 3 rentals snuck up to about 4 meters away and then one autoed me and didn't understand why I was shouting that he could have surrendered me or fired once..

Most woodland i have played at getting sprayed from short distances are not uncommon.

Granted I know enough to only put one or two shots into someone, but have been sprayed by plenty of experienced players myself though. 

Bloody frustrating and painful!

Advantage of a sniper is keeping distance. Don't want to get sprayed in the back? Don't let them get that close.

For my sniper loadout I have a Condor Gen 2 battle belt with an H harness. Light, fast, cool. Especially in summer, I was getting too hot with a plate carrier.

Maybe partner up with someone on your team to provide perimeter Defense around your position?

Or just go full Michelin man and load yourself to the nines in genuine AR500 plates, Kevlar side panels, knee and elbow pads, surplus helmet, double layer balaclava and tactical gloves so you can waddle around the site without fear of feeling a BB.

I know what I'd rather do.

1 hour ago, Albiscuit said:

Most woodland i have played at getting sprayed from short distances are not uncommon.

Granted I know enough to only put one or two shots into someone, but have been sprayed by plenty of experienced players myself though. 

Bloody frustrating and painful!

I try and give newbies benefit of the doubt, but I do get annoyed when they've obviously paid no attention to the briefing - at Cottenham and Coms Site 3, there are rooftop sangers great for sniping, but the stairs up to them are narrow, sloppy and steep, so the rule is do not shoot at or from the stairs, anyway trying to go up or down is invincible. Then when I'm trying to navigate this tiny little wet wooden staircase with gear hanging off me, some noob just runs up and spams full auto at my face and hands.

10 minutes ago, AshOnSnow said:

Advantage of a sniper is keeping distance. Don't want to get sprayed in the back? Don't let them get that close.

For my sniper loadout I have a Condor Gen 2 battle belt with an H harness. Light, fast, cool. Especially in summer, I was getting too hot with a plate carrier.

Maybe partner up with someone on your team to provide perimeter Defense around your position?

Or just go full Michelin man and load yourself to the nines in genuine AR500 plates, Kevlar side panels, knee and elbow pads, surplus helmet, double layer balaclava and tactical gloves so you can waddle around the site without fear of feeling a BB.

I know what I'd rather do.

That's what I've done before, kept my distance but we decided to try a free for all. There wasn't much cover either as I use the bushes to my advantage most of the time.

Archived