New player from Harrow, London

TheKairez
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Good Afternoon all!

I've always been into shooting sports (Archery, Clays, Target Rifling) and thought it was about time i get into Airsoft. I had a few in my teens (all springers as you may have guessed) and now that i have the time and accessibility (not to mention income compared to a 15 year old kid) i can finally get into the hobby like i always wanted to.

While i'm sure going on your own would be fine and the community across this forum and the sites themselves look amazing, it would be great to see if there are any slightly more experienced players that go to sites like Reading Mall, Xsite Airsoft etc. (pretty much anything north or west of London) who are willing to take a newbie along. Kinda to help show me the ropes of the sport :)

The stickies have been great by the way! Work has been a bit quiet the past week so i had plenty of time to browse forums and sites on the sport, UKARA and VCA stuff, as well get an idea on roughly what i would probably want.

I look forward to getting to know you all, and drop us a line if you're up for taking a newbie to airsoft along! I enjoy driving so anything sub 100 miles is usually fine for me.

Regards

TheKairez

I'm near Watford and actually went to Harrow College! I've been to Xsite Outpost/Lane End and the Mall many times. The closest site to Harrow is probably Red 1 airsoft which is one of my favourite local sites honestly (less than 10 mins away from me). I would be happy to do a game day and lend a hand and a gun/gear, but I'm busy on Sundays for about a month, so if there's a Saturday game on somewhere, then I'd be happy to come along. 

Oh wow that's an interesting coincidence! Nice to meet ya :) That sounds good, and to be honest i could probably pick you up on the way to some of the other places that do Saturday games (e.g. Xsite). I'm away this weekend so potentially Saturday 24th June? I wouldn't want to risk using a gun from you just yet, at least until i'm a little accustomed on the day! But thank you very much for the offer.

Haha yes i saw your post Jay as one of the few locals! I'm sure we'll see each other in a game at some point, and even potentially go to one of the venues at the same time as i have space. I used to go to Ealing everyday to swap trains to go to school, so i know the area a little bit :) 

On 2017-6-11 at 6:40 PM, TheKairez said:

Oh wow that's an interesting coincidence! Nice to meet ya :) That sounds good, and to be honest i could probably pick you up on the way to some of the other places that do Saturday games (e.g. Xsite). I'm away this weekend so potentially Saturday 24th June? I wouldn't want to risk using a gun from you just yet, at least until i'm a little accustomed on the day! But thank you very much for the offer.

Apologies for not responding sooner. I'll check what I'm doing on the 24th and get back to you ASAP! Honestly not fussed about lending my AK as I'm unlikely to ever use it, and it's an absolute tank so no chance of damaging it lol. but that can be cleared up later. I'll send you a PM in the next couple of days and let you know what's going on.

Archived