New in Bristol - a few questions

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all,

Just want to say "Hello."

I am completely new to Airsoft but looking to explore it as a possible hobby. I am likely to be doing this alone as none of my friends are (as of yet) interested. However, I feel like once I have been a couple of times and tell them about it they will join me.

My questions relate to my first time at a skirmish site (hopefully this Sunday / next week one evening). I'd really appreciate any help or advice anyone can give:

1. Is there a best site for new players in Bristol? I have seen Black ops, Spartan and Bristol Airsoft (CQB) on the internet and aside from days they are open and the fact that one is indoors, it isn't instantly clear which one would be best to start out at.

2. I have an AK47 (impulse purchase) - It is two tone in compliance with the law and my new status. Are these weapons generally accepted by the community? Or should I be renting a site kit for now?

3. What other kit would I need to turn up to the site with to qualify as a 'walk-on?' Clearly I want to benefit from the reduced price if possible (especially after my rifle purchase).

4. Is turning up alone going to reduce enjoyment or are you grouped into teams regardless of how many of you arrive together? How does that generally work?

Thanks so much. Any help advice would be great.

• Supporters

Welcome

2. It's perfectly fine. Don't worry about it.

3. Eyepro, and for cqb, face protection as a minimum. And BBs.

4. Going alone is fine, if you are not afraid of people then ask if you can join them and then go with them if you want to. Airsofters are friendly IRL.

Welcome, as said

Two tone is fine

Add a torch to the list

and many of us are lone gunmen. Even if you go with friends you end up separated as the weak ones are picked off :D and have to go to regen.

• Head Moderator

Welcome :)

Cannot help you with site recommendations but you could try searching on key words, i.e. Bristol and read through the posts. There may be some information which will assist you.  Minimum search is 3 characters.

As those above have said, take your own gun (most sites accept two tone), BBs, eye protection, and wear what you like. Good footwear is important to protect your ankles and support your feet; there are often trip hazards on sites. 

Most of us start out as lone players but you will get chatting to other players during the game or in the safe zone.  You will probably not be the only new or solo player.  Call your hits and enjoy.

• Supporters

Bristol courthouse is a bit of a weird site, wouldn't go there as your first game.  I've always had problems with cheats there and the guy that runs it is shady as hell. 

Cribbs and Spartan are both very newbie friendly.  

Youll want to get a decent set of eye protection before anything else, I'd recommend getting something that covers your whole face for now, dentists bills are expensive!   Once you're 'in' to airsoft a bit more there's other options but all come with risks, a full face mask is the gold standard for not looking like a toothless leper after a few games!

both spartan and cribbs sell really good quality ammo, spartan will only let you use their stuff (biodegradable) but they're among the best BBs it is possible to buy. 

Archived