Storm Tactical Airsoft - Copthorne, Crawley, West Sussex

RussAFO
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hmmm...

Seriously tempted, slightly further than my normal travel but may look to camp over!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy enough in a tent. Its just logistics, dont normally have enough room in the car for the team plus airsoft gear, so may have to rent a van or borrow works minibus for the wknd to the camping gear too.

14 hours ago, PT247 said:

Am hoping to try you out on your first game date but the cost is off putting as once food is taken into account you are gonna be nearly £10 more

Bring a pack lunch PT ! Have  a dig around in your fridge the night before :-)

As I said, we offer awesome facilities, a longer game day and this is not a run of the mill skirmish ! 

1 hour ago, Albiscuit said:

Happy enough in a tent. Its just logistics, dont normally have enough room in the car for the team plus airsoft gear, so may have to rent a van or borrow works minibus for the wknd to the camping gear too.

Where are you travelling from buddy ?

Russ

2 hours ago, RussAFO said:

Where are you travelling from buddy ?

Russ

North London

Its only slightly further than my max drive for a skirmish, but have to do a little running about to grab the team first meaning an very early start but do love the idea of camping out too so its no bother (except my small car lol)

• Supporters

Where abouts north London? How far north? We are in Herts, depending on how many of you there are, we could provide a lift.

On 8 June 2017 at 5:14 PM, RussAFO said:

Unfortunately not. But onsite prices are more than reasonable and our price reflects the excellent facilities, the longer game day if required and our massive charm, good looks and bonhomie !  

What do you call reasonable as you have not included any prices and as PT247 stated your already pushing your prices even on the rentals

Regards

Guest PT247

Unfortunately I'll not get far on a mouldy half cucumber and you already said I can't bring beer on gameday.... :D

Nothing else in my fridge lol.

Anyhosws, what are the food prices/menu/etc on site?

What will the discounts be for members? :)

17 hours ago, sniperslucky said:

What do you call reasonable as you have not included any prices and as PT247 stated your already pushing your prices even on the rentals

Regards

Couple of quid for a bacon roll. £1 for a can or bottle of fizz. Free tea and coffee ! Like I said to PT, bring a pack lunch.

Our rental prices are the same as at least 10 other sites I know of, so our prices are more than competitive, not that you need a rental Sniper so that shouldn't concern you. 

Secondly our game play and game hours are nothing like local sites...you get what you pay for in this day and age.

With over 70K investment in to this particular site I think our prices are more than fair.

It's your choice to attend.......we have plenty of other people very, very interested.  

Guest PT247

No disrespect intended but I don't think I have ever paid £30+ for an open gameday unless you count Serial 40 or Rype Village which are MoD training bases and can justify the premium. The 2 sites I regularly play at are under £30 and include food, one has full indoor facilities and they both have very spacious safe zones and both have at least 5 times the area you are currently offering of woodland. I get things cost money, I get they take a lot of effort, but setting up shop so close to a major site in the area, charging more and offering less seems crazy to me.
I wish you guys well and if I make it over to a gameday I look forward to being shown I am wrong.

OPERATION NAVAROK - 'A Storm is coming "

Please join Storm Tactical for our launch event on the 9th July 2017. Free memberships to Storm Tactical on the day, goody bags and giveaways to !

Gates open at 08:00hrs on the day, 10:00hrs first game. Late finish, more trigger time ! Camping available from 18:00hrs on the Saturday night. Toilets, hot water, elctricity, wifi and food available all weekend. 

Fast paced, objective driven, tactical gameplay. MIlsim/Skirmish Hybrid for the opening event. 

After negotiations with the landlord we can offer the following prices ! 

£25.00 Walk on
£50.00 Rental 
Platoon Stores, Rochester will be on site to provide rentals, technical back up and a shop full of kit ! 
www.platoonstores.co.uk

Please book via FB or call/text us on 07399 999 159 or 07925 530 742

Menu on site.

All cans/bottles £1.00, Monster/Red bull £1.50 - Crisps, chocolate Bars @ 60p

Free tea and coffee

From 08:30 for breakfast

Bacon Roll .............. £2.00

Sausage Roll ...........£2.00

Bacon & Sausage ....£3.00

Lunch

As above

or

Single Burger .......£2.50

Double Burger ......£3.50

Triple Burger .........£4.00

Add cheese...no cost.

Add bacon...50p

Membership of Storm Tactical will reduce the walk on fee to £15.00. Play 5 games get one free. This also includes discounts to other Storm events. Forthcoming events include weekday evening twilight games, weekend events, night games and much, much more. 

Discount on BB's, smokes, pyros. 

Look forward to your support.

Russ & Matt @ Storm Tactical Airsoft. 

• Supporters

We have booked two places. Looking forward to seeing you there. If anyone else is camping look out for the defender and come and introduce yourselves!

7 hours ago, Samurai said:

Sounds good. Please don't do too much skirmish, go for the more milsimish style.

I might be able to go after all, so fingers crossed.

deffo more milsim...medic rules, objective driven. ;-)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporters

I agree with all of that Pt, but I will correct you on that but you said at the beginning. The site was ex paintball. Correct. Storm tactical put in a bid to buy it to be solely airsoft and corporate events, the paintball guy(guy in hi vis at the beginning of the video) put in a slightly higher bid and won it, but gave them permission to use the site for airsoft too.

So it wasn't false provisos, when they first posted it was intended to be solely airsoft.

I noticed in your video you spent half of it trying to shoot at me! Unfortunately for you I was behind that netting most of the time. 

Look forward to your next video. :)

Guest PT247

yeah, the netting was hard to see... it shows in my scopecam as that has a 7 x magnification but in reality was very hard to tell! :-)

• Head Moderator
1 hour ago, Prisce said:

Ithe paintball guy(guy in hi vis at the beginning of the video) put in a slightly higher bid and won it, but gave them permission to use the site for airsoft too.

The guy in the hi-vis vest was a pain, no explaination as to who he was or why he was taking photos/video of us all. Also at times he was in the line of fire, or just in the way taking photos and highlighting where players were.

• Supporters

He is the site owner, it was the first time he had leased it to someone else to use and I guess he wanted to be nosey, I spoke with him the night before the game and he was very intense. Don't think he likes letting other people do anything without his input. He is a paintballer :o, and a complete one upper. 

On 7/12/2017 at 6:47 PM, PT247 said:

Looking forward to seeing this properly when I get home and have speakers as from reading alone, I am tempted yet hesitant to go here

Guest PT247

You'll have to play paintball if you want to play anything there from now on, Storm Tactical have pulled out of the site now as they were having issues with the chap who runs the paintball site there.

oh ffs... was looking forward to it and totally forgot and hardly check this part of the forum, could have made the 9th lol...

and now they are not there no more, typical!

Archived