The 'my magazines won't do what I want' thread.

Sacarathe
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

At the mall this weekend, reminded me of this. Please post if you have problems with any magazine, even if you're trying to do something unusual or beyond the product's design, if you have any problems maybe someone else might have already found a solution here (Do NOT post reviews of magazines working normally).

Format:

Brand: ASG

Magazine: CZ Scorpion Evo

Class: Midcap

Capacity: 75rd

Cosmetic Type: Non-Clear

Internal Mechanism: Normal

Problem/Issue Experienced:

Feed problems with 50% of shots projecting no BBs when magazines loaded with ASG Blaster 0.3g BBs.

Duplication:

The only two magazines I had with me were both equally affected.

Solution found:

None; seemed to feed better when loaded with under 50 BBs, but still 10-20% feed problems, used Hi-cap without same issues.

Notes:

Gun's hop clearly designed to handle BBs heavier than 0.3 thus issue slightly confusing. Still got 8500 0.3g BBs to use though.

Brand:

Magazine:

Class:

Capacity:

Cosmetic Type:

Internal Mechanism:

Problem/Issue Experienced:

Duplication:

Solution found:

Notes:

Addendum:

"Cosmetic Type" refers to the manufacture description, not your appraisal - ie, hexmag, pmag, m16, etc.

You don't need to own the "my" magazines to post here, just have 1st hand accurate experience (ideally duplicated in >1 example).

If its a clone be sure to say so. If GBB/GBBR state in the second category.

This is not just about feeding, it's for anything that appears to be incompatible or consistently non-functional where otherwise is either expected, advertised, or peculiar (such as my issue with 0.3g).

Replies:

As a discussion board, we're all welcome to reply with solutions, however in the interests of neetness please only reply (with quote) if you have a solution known to work, or better yet PM the user and if the solution works they can update their post. Lets keep speculation out.

Brand: sadly unknown

Magazine: Mp7 

Class: high cap

Capacity: second hand dont know 

Cosmetic Type: non-clear

Internal Mechanism: normal.. i think 

Problem/Issue Experienced: every fourth or 5th shot either doesnt feed or droops out the end of the barrel loaded with ASG .2 devils 

Duplication:all 4 mags have this issue 

Solution found: not yet 

Notes: could be the gun could be the mags not sure not too fussed its my back up and im accurate to never need more than a couple of shots ;)

12 hours ago, Oli.Hanks said:

Brand: sadly unknown

Would you mind elaborating upon how you think this would be useful to others?

The main use for this thread would be not buy magazines which don't work in some guns they should, it's not common, but it does happen. But it can also apply for example to gas magazines with unusual parts or incompatibilities.

I bought 9000 0.3g BBs, I never imagined they wouldn't feed from the scorpion magazines.

• Moderators

Oli,it needs to be based on a brand so others can compare the problems to what they have

Take the OP, if you have an ASG mag for the CZ Scorpion Evo, 75rd midcap, and having issues, you can then use the first post to see if it relates to you or not....:)

Ah sorry about that the issue is the gun is second hand and has no trades at all just HK markings on it and the mags are the same do you want to delete if it wont be helpful 

Brand: Magpul PTS

Magazine: Masada AKM (Proprietary mag)

Class: Midcap

Capacity: 160 (I never fully load)

Cosmetic Type: Semi Transparent Waffle Type

Internal Mechanism: Continuous Spring with Follower

Problem/Issue Experienced: Intermittent feeding issues.

Duplication: I own 7 of these mags, only 2 work without this problem

Solution found: None as of yet, dismantled all of the mags and removed any mould lines with 800 grit wet and dry, as that's the thing that normally fixes PTS mag feeding issues, doesn't for this.

Notes: STANAG lower doesn't have any feeding issues with the same hop unit.

Archived