Need advice (sniper rifles)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello, im looking to buy a sniper rifle (gun and scope) i have not played any official games yet just to get that out there 
but i want to get a sniper rifle to practice with i have £140 budget at the moment as i dont want to spend to much on getting a expensive one to start of with this is just to start of with 
i must have it two tone as i dont have a licence yet and i want a spring loaded bolt action sniper metallic too
obviously i want the best fps, accuracy, quality and value for money i can get for my £140

im uk based too so keep that in mind

if you can suggest any sniper that you think would be best let me know but if not 

can you please give me your opinion on what one of these guns are better? please keep in mind eveything i said

i want to get the best that i can! thank youuu! :) 

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-sniper-rifles/mb-06-sniper-rifle-black.htm#.WTWr2GgrJdg

or

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-sniper-rifles/cyma-cm702a-flutted-m24-black.htm#.WTWr52grJdg

or

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-sniper-rifles/well-mb-01-sniper-rifle-black.htm#.WTWr92grJdg

or

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-sniper-rifles/asg-urban-sniper.htm#.WTWtIWgrJdh 

please look into every detail!

if you have personal exspiriance with any of these guns your opinion would be very useful too! 

thanks guys!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, get out and play a few walk on games with the sites hire guns before you jump in and get a sniper. Unless you spend a lot upgrading almost every internal part you're going to be at a major disadvantage. Even fully upgraded you've only got a small range advantage over a full auto gun. A good player will be able to close that range and spray you with full auto before you can make a second shot.

Learn how to play with a gun that'll help rather than getting frustrated trying to play with a gun that'll handicap you.

Sniping can be fun, but it takes skill and experience to be good enough to make it enjoyable. It's nothing like playing as a sniper in a video game.

And by the way, there is no Airsoft 'licence'. In order to buy a RIF (ie not a two tone) you need a 'defence', a reason to own one. A valid defense is being involved with film or theatre, or in our case attending skirmishes. The UKARA scheme is just a way of proving that you attend organised skirmishes at registered sites.

just to say. i never said i was going to be using a sniper in a actual game i want a sniper. because i just want  a sniper. so i just want to get the best one i can get for now if i do eventally get to play a few games. i dont even think ill touch a sniper because i know its nothing like the games, i just wanted an opinion on what sniper to get not a lecture if you can call it that on why not to buy one... also one more thing i know i need a UKARA or defence as you called it. but when typing this i really couldn't be bothered to wright either of those. i just typed what i thought so in the moment of makeing this i just typed licence  

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, CyberSatan.exe said:

just to say. i never said i was going to be using a sniper in a actual game i want a sniper. because i just want  a sniper. so i just want to get the best one i can get for now if i do eventally get to play a few games. i dont even think ill touch a sniper because i know its nothing like the games, i just wanted an opinion on what sniper to get not a lecture if you can call it that on why not to buy one... also one more thing i know i need a UKARA or defence as you called it. but when typing this i really couldn't be bothered to wright either of those. i just typed what i thought so in the moment of makeing this i just typed licence  

This is why I have given up on forums.

You sir are a bit of a nobhead if you think this is how to get help.

5 minutes ago, CyberSatan.exe said:

whats wrong with it?

Someone tried to help, and you were just flat out rude! :D

lf you can't be 'bothered' to type the 'wright' thing then why should anyone bothered to help you?

Guest PT247
15 minutes ago, CyberSatan.exe said:

j i know i need a UKARA or defence as you called it. but when typing this i really couldn't be bothered to wright either of those. 

11 minutes ago, CyberSatan.exe said:

so going back to what i was saying.. if you could give me an opinion on what sniper to get that would be great

soz, can't be bothered to type helpful words lol

Just now, CyberSatan.exe said:

i didnt actually mean to be rude and im sorry if it sounded that way   

Is it just backyard shooting that you want the rifle for?

• Supporters

I hate to say it, but for £140 you are not going to get the best fps, accuracy, quality or value for money.

it just begs the question... why do you want it?

for the same money you could get an AEG that has more consistent fps, better accuracy, better quality, better value for money, shoots further, and has a better rate off fire

if you are truly serious about getting a sniper rifle, have a look on ASPUK's website, and there upgrade guides. They also have a nice identify your rifle section with loads off info and compatibility etc

edit :- I should add that a stock sniper rifle can and will break at some point, there made off pot metal etc

4 minutes ago, CyberSatan.exe said:

target practice, home use that sort of thing :) and a nice wall mount 

Well, depends on how much you wanna spend. I'd say the ares amoeba striker or a TM vsr, the vsr being made in Japan means it shoots around 300 fps, this should be fine for the garden but a bit lack luster in a skirmish.

Edit, didn't realise OP didn't want to spend more than £140.

You'll struggle to buy one without a valid defence. Having a show piece and back yard plinking isn't in VCRA.

You'll need to go play a few games over the 56 day period. So you've plenty of time to figure out what you actually want, rather than think you want right now.

also again sorry for sounding rude earlier, but yeah the sniper thing is more of a personal thing i want but i would like to really get into airsoft some time soon :) just not many people i know around here play it soo yeah...  

Turning up and playing on your own isn't unusual. You don't need friends to make friends.

Just now, warlord said:

Turning up and playing on your own isn't unusual. You don't need friends to make friends.

Seems to be a recurring theme recently that People seem to be scared about going on their own :rolleyes:

Guest PT247

ahh okily. To be honest, a G&G Combat Machine AEG will be just as good at plinking as a cheap non-upgraded BASR and would be skirmishable should you wish to actually play airsoft.

If however you just want a BASR no matter what folk advice then look at these two:

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-sniper-rifles/tokyo-marui-vsr-10-pro-sniper-rifle-black.htm#.WTW6dGjyuUk

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-sniper-rifles/tokyo-marui-vsr-10-g-spec-compact-sniper-rifle-black.htm#.WTW6tmjyuUk

with the later being my preference out of the two.

Just now, Georgeturner2001 said:

Seems to be a recurring theme recently that People seem to be scared about going on their own :rolleyes:

Going on your own is best. You get to shoot people you don't know in the ass and they don't know how to find you :D

i am very anti social i find it very hard to meet new people without some one i know to be there to help me out and warlord i plan on getting the sniper in two tone to remove the need of me needing a defence then spraying it back to normal colour when i acquire it ahah

Just now, warlord said:

Going on your own is best. You get to shoot people you don't know in the ass and they don't know how to find you :D

Exactly, unless your own your own and someone decides to obsess over your gun and follow you around all day, calling me and him 'Scar brothers' :wacko:

1 minute ago, CyberSatan.exe said:

i am very anti social i find it very hard to meet new people without some one i know to be there to help me out and warlord i plan on getting the sniper in two tone to remove the need of me needing a defence then spraying it back to normal colour when i acquire it ahah

Trust me, you won't be the most anti-social person there. That space is reserved for me ;) 

Two tone would suck as an exhibit though.

Archived