EST-m2 landmine

e-side
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

In short, no.

I know of no site in the UK that will allow home made pyro.

On 05/06/2017 at 9:31 AM, e-side said:

I made a prototype training landmine with a little bit more bang than a usual airsoft landmine. Could it be used in a  game?

https://youtu.be/iUmSaBcZVy0

What do you think?

There is little scope for players own mines, you would need control of an area that the opposition will get to, to give you the ability to plant, arm and re-arm, let alone digging up a site

They are of more use to event organisers.

There is a reason why the bang level is low in any event or player pyrotechnics, and if the item is being used in a game then a lot of bang is not required - you're eliminated or you aren't 

It would make a brilliant shed alarm though, imagine an intruder treading on that in the middle of the night 

I hope there is no site that lets you use that or any home made boom. 

If for some mad reason they do, let everyone know before game on because I'm not playing if there is some sketchy Shed mine buried in the field

6 minutes ago, Samurai said:

Don't worry. There is absolutely no way anyone would allow that.

I was just illustrating the point that the person in that video was [most likely] aware that it was there.

A close up photo. A landmines job is to create defensive tactical barrier and to raise fear in people. A psychological weapon which in my mind is a gamechanger. The question that you must ask yourself is: which one is worse, a airsoft pellet to your face or a little bang under your boot? :)

2017-06-13 10.53.59_1497340529516_resized.jpg

• Supporters

It's not about "what's worse". It's about trust. I trust that a guy whose gun was chronoed shoots me with a 6mm plastic pellet from a field legal rif. I don't trust an explosive device someone created in his shed and is no way checked against any safety regulations.

Archived