Hi

Jay91
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey, my name's James and I'm from West London, always enjoyed paint balling and messing around with bb guns in my teens and some air soft videos popped up on my recommendeds on YouTube and have been interested ever since.

Looking to make my debut into airsoft while the weather is nice so plan on booking my first in the next month or so.  

I noticed in all videos and pictures I've seen everyone is dressed in army gear and in trying not to stick out too much, what should I be wearing to my first attempt (when I eventually pick the venue)? 

Also if there's any recommendations on venues that aren't too far from me that would be ideal for a solo first timer, that would be much appreciated! 

Thanks in advance! 

Don't over think it. Just turn up in jeans and t-shirt. Something you're comfortable in and don't mind rolling about the floor in. My only reason for buying army surplus gear is that it's cheaper than regular clothes and I plan on rolling about a lot ;)

That said, this weekend I'm planning on something different. By all means get gear you like and feel comfortable in, but don't be surprised that you'd feel happier turning up in a Mr Blobby costume :) So just do what feels fun and don't worry about the fashion. At the kind of range we're talking about and the speed of the games camo is actually hard to make work. If you're moving quickly wearing camo isn't really going to add an advantage, but being happy to dive to the floor is.

Archived