Glock Holster

AshOnSnow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looking for a comfortable hip holster for my new WE Glock 19, I wanted something that I'd be comfortable wearing pretty much all day on skirmishes. And it'll be good for my new loadout - "lazy too hot in the summer".

Been researching options, unfortunately it seems most of the stuff is in the states with hefty £30-50 shipping as minimum.

I want a glock 19 holster and a double mag carrier on the left side to go with it.

- Alien Gear Cloak Slide

£95

Black and Tan leather with Kydex shell.

Anyone else got an Aliengear holster?

hybrid-owb-holster.jpg

- Safariland 6379 ALS

£115

STX Tactical Polymer

Safariland have been recommended but I'm not convinced by the mag carrier retention as they seem to do a "one size fits all" approach. But the ALS lock is a nice feature.

While both of the above seem like decent options, they're pushing the price beyond what I'd like to pay. If it wasn't for the extra shipping and duties, I'd have already bought the Alien Gear kit straight up.

Other options were the Galco M7X and Galco Double Time. The M7X looked like a nice compact design, but I noticed a lack of retention adjustment, so I'd be hesitant as I may need to adjust the tightness slightly to allow for differences between the real steel Glock and my WE airsoft one.

So I thought I'd finally decided on the Safariland over the Alien Gear. And of all the hundreds of Safariland 6378/9 holsters, the Glock 19, right hand side, no light, is the one that's out of stock everywhere :P

• 1 month later...
  • Root Admin

I'm deciding against a warning here if you improve your post to actually include a price or suggestion of something specific and not just a link to your site. Please contribute to the discussion a bit more if you're going to also peddle your own stuff.

• Supporters

Seriously cannot recommend the Warrior Assault systems universal holster enough, it's superb. I won't be using any other holster any time soon!

Crye Gun Clip or a Copy, depending on your budget. Can't go wrong.

• Supporters

DO NOT BUY A SAFARILAND for your gun, unless you are willing to use a heatgun to modify it slightly. WE Glock frames are approximately 1/2-1mm taller than the RS one, and the Safariland ALS holsters are built to such a tight specification that they won't fit without modification. It is simple to do, however, and I would be happy to walk you through it if you went with the Safariland. An alternative would be the Safariland GLS holster. It uses a similar locking system to the ALS, but it is released by your middle finger instead of your thumb. The two GLS holsters fit a combined total of around 200 RS guns and 500 Airsoft guns. I have personally tested and confirmed that WE, TM, WA, EF, and VFC guns all work for sure, and I've tested a few KWA and KJW models, but not enough to confirm that ALL work from those two brands. I would again be happy to talk you through the order process or the different models if you want, I happen to work with Safariland. Hope this gets to you in time. If you do decide to get an ALS then order from HolsterOps.com, that's the website of Rogers Holster Company, the part of Safariland that makes te holsters. They will almost certainly have them in stock, and if not I'll have one made for you haha. FYI, the only brands that work in ALS holsters and don't need modification that I have tested are TM and VFC. I personally use TM guns for my kit, and Safariland uses VFC guns for display and show purposes. 

Also, the UMPs (Universal Magazine Pouches) work well for Glock or any double stacked mags. Single stack mags are often loose. I would not recommend using them on your legs, but a PC or on your waistline works fine. 

This old thread sure came back to life - I bought a GLS in the end, and sure glad I did. But unfortunately, just as soon as I was really kitted out, I'm now in a position of having to offload all my airsoft gear.

Sods law!

• Supporters

I use a WAS universal holster with my WAS frag belt and I've made my own Kydex light bearing holster attached to a Blackhawk drop leg panel. Considering making a two Kydex holster now to run when I'm not wearing my battle belt. 

Id recommend a WAS holster or a Kydex one 

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Sacarathe said:

Do tell? :)

Copying his status update:

"

Goodbye, farewell, adieu adieu adieu!

So I'm taking a job that has a long contract, will involve me moving around a lot, and doesn't leave me with really any chance for airsoft. So, before I leave my lovely family house for a small apartment, it's time for me to sell my airsoft kit. Yep, all of it. If a few years down the line, I have the chance to get back into airsoft, I'd love to, but for now, it's "f***-me-that's a-lot-of-stuff-Friday". Taking a long time to go through my boxes of stuff, find all my receipts, get photos up etc!

Have made a thread in the Gear For Sale section, so feel free to paroose at one's leisure. Had fun putting a little gift basket of bonus treats together though. I do love giving prezzies!"

• Supporters

And @AshOnSnow, I just went through that. Had to offload like 6 guns, and only kept my four favorite. And I had to do it while out of the country! Haha

• 6 months later...

My apologies for re-igniting an old thread, but after much reading and advise (and buying a CG or whatever it is copy of the Blackhawk and returning) - I've ended up with a Safariland 6305 (its a ex job one).

Really quality holster and drop leg unit, but I think I need to do some dremmeling or modification to clear the selector on my Glock 18 - it sometimes snags...?

Interesting holster too, super secure but needs a little bit of care when re-holstering, not all that easy to just lob it in! I've loosened up the retention adjuster I think which helps - but I think because the recoil spring is probably a bit weaker than on the RS, the slide can move a bit when holstering.

I think as a little bonus the holster also supports a light on the pistol.

Archived