Tactical vest or belt

ProPain87
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Evening all, been looking at vests and belts but one slight issue is I'm a big chap. 6,4 around a 50 chest and 42-44 waist. So is there any other big guys on here that can recommend any without spending an absolute fortune. Currently looking at the viper belt and harness and a drop leg.

any advice?

@springs is a big lad. Might have a better idea.

I have a Viper LA black vest which is a one size fits all and It has a lace fastenings on the side that will allow it to be resized, but doesn't look so great. Let's me get it on my 46" chest and gut and may go quite a bit more, but would leave some big gaps in the lacing. The shoulders are also velcro that can adjust the height and I had to stretch tohse out too, even though I'm only 5' 10". So much more might be a problem and might end up looking like a tactical bib on you :D

I also have what I think is a condor belt with an osprey harness. The harness part should be fine that'll adjust to how tall you are easily.  The inner belt is also a huge length of webbing, so clipping it up wouldn't be a problem. What may happen is the holes for the hoslter through the outer molle bit of belt may move back so they don't line up on your leg.

do you know what type of vest you are after?

I've got a standard tac vest that fits on the highest settings. currently i'm wearing a Condor Rapid Assault Chest Rig which i have no issues wearing although is not as a firm fit as the vest i have

• Supporters

Most vests are one size fits all. I have an 8fields recon vest, I'm 6'6, it comes with an "extra strap" that basically allows you to wear the vest with a larger frame, or take it out and it fits the smaller frame. 

If your wondering belt or vest, I would say it depends on your game play, and load out, snipers tend to need less space so I'd say belt, but assault weapons and all those mags need more space, so chest rig. 

This is is all personal opinion so please don't shoot if you don't agree!

It's all down to what you find comfortable really. I actually find full on armor and plate carriers much more comfortable than a molle belt, and I generally forget they are there once on. I also find reloading and such easier with an armor rig.

http://www.military1st.co.uk/fy-vt-m004-cb-flyye-force-recon-vest-with-pouch-set-ver.-mar-coyote-brown.html

Flyye do really good repros of various brands. This here is a full kit repro of the Eagle Maritime CIRAS (A very nice rig to wear!) It's a bit more expensive, but my L version of the real Eagle CIRAS Mar is pretty big, and has lots of room for adjustment so the XL will be even greater.

Thanks for your replies, I'm not sure what type of vest I'd go for, I really like the flyye recon but it's a lot more than I was thinking of spending. This'll be my main cqb rig so it all comes down to comfort in the fit and costs.

im new/returning to airsoft and sold all my gear years ago so starting fresh so I have no gear or guns at the minute but I'm not rushing into buying anything and taking my time. But guns which I have my eye on are a mp5a5 or a m4 and a 1911 or glock 17 so the rig will need to carry mags for them and a holster for the pistol along with some smokes and pyros, not sure if to go with a dump pouch yet never used one before so not fussed 

I have a condor battle belt. I'm not a big guy at all - I'm usually a medium in everything - medium shirt, 34 waist, but I got the condor battle belt and actually had to send it back to exchange for a small. It's sturdy too - I also use it for dog walking and have two dogs hanging off one single molle strip pulling and running and it's not even stretched a bit. So yeah, I recommend that.

I've used all manner of combinations of vests, belts, rigs, but the best I've found - especially for summer - is a battle belt with a harness - radio on the left side of the harness, thunderflash on the right side, then 4 hi-caps across the front of the belt, with a sidearm on the right side and 4 spare pistol mags across the left. Dump pouch on a drop leg on the left side.

its the breeziest best, most supportive, lightweight system I've ever run with. I'd say try it to anyone.

Archived