Tokyo Marui fill valve thread size?

Shizbazki
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

As description say, what is the tap and die size for TM GBB guns, specifically Glocks.

8 minutes ago, AndyGif290368 said:

Googling would seem to show its 14mm ccw.  I was expecting it to be smaller than than long arms, but nope it's common.

I don't believe he is referring to the barrel, sounds more like magazine related lingo.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Sacarathe said:

I don't believe he is referring to the barrel, sounds more like magazine related lingo.

You are correct, i'm referring to the magazine fill valves, what their thread.

Perhaps you should amend the title to reflect the fact you want the magazine fill valve thread dimensions then, as it's very vague as it stands. Hence why you got my answer.

• Head Moderator
14 minutes ago, AndyGif290368 said:

Perhaps you should amend the title

Done :)

9 hours ago, AndyGif290368 said:

Perhaps you should amend the title to reflect the fact you want the magazine fill valve thread dimensions then, as it's very vague as it stands. Hence why you got my answer.

But anyone that has handled a TM Glock 17 would know the barrels are not threaded.

But he was asking for a tap and a die, so might of been scratch building a silencer setup.  Jeez wish I never bloody bothered saying anything for amount of flak I've got trying to be helpful.  If nobody gives you the info you want,  take the valve out, get hold of a vernier caliper or micrometer and a good magnifier and work out the diameter of the thread and pitch. Then look up the figures in set of thread tables for what's closest.  See if you can get a bolt or nut that size, to see if it's right before forking out about £30 or more on taps and dies.

2 hours ago, AndyGif290368 said:

But he was asking for a tap and a die, so might of been scratch building a silencer setup.  Jeez wish I never bloody bothered saying anything for amount of flak I've got trying to be helpful.  If nobody gives you the info you want,  take the valve out, get hold of a vernier caliper or micrometer and a good magnifier and work out the diameter of the thread and pitch. Then look up the figures in set of thread tables for what's closest.  See if you can get a bolt or nut that size, to see if it's right before forking out about £30 or more on taps and dies.

Using google and commenting on things I know nothing of is what I used to do. I know exactly how you feel but I don't feel that I was rude previously. Sorry if you've thought I intended harm.

• Supporters

Hi

Firstly oops my bad for wording the title badly, must have been half asleep.

Secondly i can only assume it will be a metric measurement as that's what the rest of the world uses except the yanks and Canadians.

My TM compatible HPA taps have just come today so ill probably use the Tap and die set to see which one screws nicely with it and assume thats the size.

Only reason i am asking is because i have a GHK AK and want to tap the HPA valves into it, i plan on using TM HPA taps as i already have TM GBB pistols.

• 2 months later...
  • Supporters

Ok as no one was able to give a clear and straight answer i'll put it here since i was able to figure it out.

The TM thread size for gas fill valves in the base of magazines (I was testing for the TM M9 and TM Glock Magazines) is M4.5 x 0.5 

I worked this out by using a combination of a thread pitch measure thingy that came with my bog standard tap and die set and trial and error using some scrap aluminium i had lying around to make test holes.

I am now able to "tap dat s**t" :D

Archived