The gun sales sites

Indica2017
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, I'm new to all this so sorry if I'm asking something obvious. I have spent a lot of time researching the websites that sell all the guns and all of them seem to have complaints about faulty products. Some say not to buy from anywhere with 'BB' in their site name, but others all have a bit of bad rep here and there somewhere online about faulty products and/or bad customer service. So basically with buying airguns is the nature of it just 'hit n miss' pretty much? It makes sense to me that you can't expect all guns to work really well for a long time because of what they are like finicky things. Or do some of them really just con to some degree?

There are plenty of good reliable shops to buy from and they are listed in the places to buy sub category. Most will warn against The BB gun shops due to them selling a lot of cheap rubbish. As for reliability as with most manufacturers there's always a few dodgy products that get through and as you say due to the technical nature of AEGS etc there is plenty to go wrong inside if not put together properly. I've got a couple of guns that worked flawlessly for years with out doing anything to them even after dropping one on its barrel it still works as it should. So it's part luck part how you take care of your toys

I'm already thinking about getting a new gun tbh. Don't get me wrong this well G292M pistol is not too bad but not very well built it has a leak which I'm fixing with electrical tape on top of the co2 cartridges lol, but what ya expect from one of the bunch of 'BB' sites that happen to all have the same contact number lol, I suppose they do just sell really cheaply built things and somebody is bound to I suppose in this business. I can't see the gun lasting long even though it is performing pretty good for now and is very powerful I'd say, but will that last? I ordered a faulty one of this gun because the hexagon hole on the co2 screw cap worn out and rounded so ordered a faulty gun just for that part, but after making the order I made a new hex hole in it by filing down the bottom an allan key the size above the current one then just bashed it through, looks perfect tbh lol. Still waiting on the faulty one so see how that turns out to be lol.

Avoid unregulated CO2 for airsoft - it's not theoretically [read insurance/certainty] safe.

On 30/05/2017 at 1:11 AM, Indica2017 said:

Hi, I'm new to all this so sorry if I'm asking something obvious. I have spent a lot of time researching the websites that sell all the guns and all of them seem to have complaints about faulty products. Some say not to buy from anywhere with 'BB' in their site name, but others all have a bit of bad rep here and there somewhere online about faulty products and/or bad customer service. So basically with buying airguns is the nature of it just 'hit n miss' pretty much? It makes sense to me that you can't expect all guns to work really well for a long time because of what they are like finicky things. Or do some of them really just con to some degree?

A lot of the time it depends on the gun brands, many stores, even the good ones, try to fob you off on different warranties based on the manufacturer.

Some have a good reputation for light use, some for running forever, some for breaking after 1-5k rounds, some for breaking randomly, some for high maintenance etc, but rarely does it come down to the store, but rather the brand of gun and expectations of the user.

Pick a budget, pick a power source (for newbies that's spring, electric or (for pistols only) gas blowback.

Then, once you have a these, pick a type of gun you LIKE.

Then, research that gun, not the places that sell it.

Generally speaking for new players a G&G combat machine M4 (plastic bodied) at under £130 is a good starting point, cheap enough that two tone is irrelevant, disposable if it breaks and with a reputation for functionality in that price range.

The biggest cons are the guns which are purchased from other manufacturers and modified in some way for rebranding - sometimes it's okay, but really why bother, most electric guns are functional copies of Tokyo Marui and a few others anyway.

So, what type of real world guns takes your fancy, honestly that's the best starting point, then look at budget and weight(of the guns) and other stuff like that.

A well looked after under £200 gun is just as effective as a gun costing more at the common engagement distances (under 35m). It's not hit and miss, its just that there's a lot of crap out there, not researching brands and buying brand-blind would be hit and miss.

To reiterate, the most important thing is to buy a formfactor (real world model) of gun which you like, it's rare that a real gun model only exists in bad airsoft versions.

Model, Budget, then brand. Amusingly, on all of my guns, I started with brand (TM first, then G&G then CYMAx2 and then ASG), followed by model and then budget.

You can't go wrong with a plastic G&G, an under £150 CYMA(gunfire.pl/taiwangun prices) or any tokyo marui/krytac guns. Lots and lots of other good brands out there, this is an inadequately qualified blanket statement.

Archived