Receiver RIS out of line with barrel RIS.

AshOnSnow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have a full metal M4, but the RIS on the receiver is a few mm higher than the RIS around the barrel. As such, I can't mount my EOTech between the two since they lay at different heights. Has anyone else had this problem, or have any solutions to it?

• Supporters

Change your handguard or just live with it.

Can't say much more than that without knowing the brand and model and seeing pictures of your setup.  There are hundreds of different M4/M16 forends out there in the world.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried spinning the ris so one of the other rails is on top, I had it before tried loads of thing until I realised it was upside down lol

On 5/28/2017 at 8:05 PM, CKinnerley said:

Change your handguard or just live with it.

Can't say much more than that without knowing the brand and model and seeing pictures of your setup.  There are hundreds of different M4/M16 forends out there in the world.

It's an A&K M4A1 (not sure what different M4 models A&K do)

49 minutes ago, ProPain87 said:

Have you tried spinning the ris so one of the other rails is on top, I had it before tried loads of thing until I realised it was upside down lol

I haven't tried that no - will give it a go, although I'm sure I have the rails on the right way - they're engraved with the side they're supposed to go on with the markings.

Archived