3D printing an Airsoft GBBR?

Calculated FPS
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Out of curiosity i found a video about some guy whom made a fully working GBBR M4 rifle and i was wondering if this is even legal in the UK.

Its brightly coloured so it would class as a imitation firearm but would the whole production process be illegal? Link to the video bellow

Looking at how complex it is i doubt anyone would try to make it them selves even if they had the equipment since the entire setup would cost more then a decent GBBR right out of a store?

2 hours ago, Calculated FPS said:

Out of curiosity i found a video about some guy whom made a fully working GBBR M4 rifle and i was wondering if this is even legal in the UK.

Its brightly coloured so it would class as a imitation firearm but would the whole production process be illegal? Link to the video bellow

Looking at how complex it is i doubt anyone would try to make it them selves even if they had the equipment since the entire setup would cost more then a decent GBBR right out of a store?

Why would it be illegal? Airsoft guns are not cover by any laws preventing manufacturing, and airsofters have a defence to manufacturing RIFs.

• Supporters
On 27/05/2017 at 10:47 PM, Sacarathe said:

Why would it be illegal? Airsoft guns are not cover by any laws preventing manufacturing, and airsofters have a defence to manufacturing RIFs.

Alex May once linked the laws around it to the airsoft 3d printing group on FB. I'll try to look it up. Edit: found it

Alex May Even more paramount with the legal joule thresholds, any receiver/ critical firing components for an automatic gun, even if airsoft will land you with a firearms manufacturing sentence, given that the phrasing is "capable of..." I.e a receiver that houses automatic aeg, hpa, gbb parts that could be tested past 1.3J would fall under a firearm and therefore manufacturing components critical to a sec 5 firearm. Having talked to the home office extensively about this they said only bolt on aesthetic parts are truly safe and definitely said 40mm / gas Shotgun shell launchers would be illegal (and further highlighted that such things are self contained gas cartridges that are illegal technically anyway) and receiver components etc. It amazes me that some people try and test this when we're talking about 5-20 years of prison time

Archived