Fake Mechanix Gloves

warlord
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Do not buy from this ebay seller: smaller1314 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152378177897?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=451640787668&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I bought these and when they arrived they looked ok, not great quality and the index fingers where uncomfortable at the tips where there was a seam on the inside. When put alongside genuine M-Pact gloves they clearly were not the same quality. The thumb and forefinger on the genuine ones have ridges on the tips. The fakes do not.

I left negative feedback to the effect "Garbage quality, fake product". The seller then contacted me to withdraw my feedback for a bit of a refund. So I'm afraid being a bit mercenary I thought I'd get some cash back (£5) which they sent first and then I did change my feedback. So watch out for these.

• Head Moderator

So now other unsuspecting buyers on eBay will purchase fake and poor quality gloves, and make the seller richer. Well done. Integrity...

[This is not posted as a moderator]

Having been the reclaim route before and got nowhere something is better than nothing. And if as you say everyone else can get their money back so easily, no harm, no foul.

I actually went a bit further than that. I tried to contact Mechanix, whose response to both online chat and email have been precisely NOTHING.

Already did after I realised... but the item isn't protected. The owner of the copyright is likely to stand more of a chance and still nothing from either.

13 minutes ago, proffrink said:

Well so long as you've done this, you've done your bit :D

Lol I did :) But it's so limited to what you can type and you don't get any confirmation or nowt.

7 hours ago, Jedi_Master said:

So now other unsuspecting buyers on eBay will purchase fake and poor quality gloves, and make the seller richer. Well done. Integrity...

Of course not, not every victim is a shameless as this guy!

[This is not posted as a moderator]

See now you have to put that in all your posts which that is not the case. For shame!

Archived