Question about a gun sale dispute.

skillfulmmd
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I recently sold my gun to someone over on weapon crates and he has opened a dispute long story short he is asking for £70 back due to a GHK mag leaking which I know 100% was not leaking previous to being sent as I tested it and packed it very well, I can only assume he has done something to the mag and is now trying to claim back on it. Is there any options for me to cover myself here as I don't want to be shelling out £70 for someone else mistake.

When did you play with it last? In your response I'd say I last played at XXX on this date and it functioned normally. Then state you also tested it before shipping and there was no issue, if that was the case.

But £70 seems a lot for a mag. How much is a seal kit for it?

Just now, warlord said:

When did you play with it last? In your response I'd say I last played at XXX on this date and it functioned normally. Then state you also tested it before shipping and there was no issue, if that was the case.

But £70 seems a lot for a mag. How much is a seal kit for it?

I haven't used the gun in a while maybe two months hence me selling it. But I made sure to fill and empty each mag before sending them off as I wanted to make sure everything was working as described on the post. And from my previous experience around £50 to buy a GHK G5 magazine. 

I'd either argue for the return of everything in the condition it was shipped or worse case offer to pay for a seal kit.

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft/1-lees-precision-engineering-magazine-rebuild-kit-ghk-ak-m4-g5.htm

47 minutes ago, warlord said:

I'd either argue for the return of everything in the condition it was shipped or worse case offer to pay for a seal kit.

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft/1-lees-precision-engineering-magazine-rebuild-kit-ghk-ak-m4-g5.htm

If it's "leaking" It's going to be the main valve - which are cheaper than that kit.

Every GBB owner should know how to fix a leaky mag, not sure why he's making such a big deal. Mags will leak eventually so he will need to know anyway. If they're not willing to return the whole package then advise them to lubricate the o rings or try to tighten the valve.

However, I find that sending a perfectly fine magazine via post can cause it to leak despite how well packaged it may be. Possibly due to being stored in fairly cold warehouses for a little while with no gas in the mags? Then again, many people like to try get a little money back and unfortunately saying a magazine is leaking is an easy excuse. Could be either. The fact that they're asking for £70 for a mag suggests it's the latter as they don't even sell for that much new...

If they're not willing to fix the mag then they really shouldn't own a GBB anyway so simply ask for a full return in the exact condition it was sent in (with the exception of a now leaking mag).

No GHK mag is going to cost £70, I think I got 2 G5 mags from Samoon for like $68? 

Simply say no to the £70 refund, that's just ridiculous. 

Thanks for all the advice here guys. I am just worried about this guy trying to pull a fast one on me here as this is my first time selling my RIF and I tried to do as much as I could to make sure we were both covered and the gun was working as expected. 

• Root Admin

Agreed. These are not complicated valves and a rebuild kit runs about $6-7 for them. Send one of them (or the money for one) and call it quits - if he doesn't have a valve key then he's going to need one at some point anyway. There's no reason why the valve would be failing due to anything other than a torn o-ring or some dirt trapped in there (or both). They're just too mechanically basic for a bit of gas and some dirt to mar the metal to the point that the seals aren't enough to keep it working.

I've owned 6 of these in the past and they do need some fairly consistent TLC, but I've never had to buy a whole new valve.

So positive update on this. 

After the buyer adjusted the valves and got everything back up to shape he is now saying there are no issues with the mag and has retracted his recall for cash. Thanks for the advice all Selling a RIF even more so out of the country is a worrying move.

@skillfulmmd I run weaponcrates.com if you have issues with buyers/sellers do get in touch with us we normally can help resolve things.

On 5/27/2017 at 2:08 PM, Castle said:

@skillfulmmd I run weaponcrates.com if you have issues with buyers/sellers do get in touch with us we normally can help resolve things.

Thanks for the pick-up on this mate it was nothing to do with anything on the actual site other than thats where the seller was buying from. Love the new UI by the way looks a ton better than it use too!

1 hour ago, skillfulmmd said:

Thanks for the pick-up on this mate it was nothing to do with anything on the actual site other than thats where the seller was buying from. Love the new UI by the way looks a ton better than it use too!

Thanks, I understand we may not hold responsibility for users actions but we do hold a moral responsibility to try and stamp out scamming or issues where we can. We can never solve it 100% but we can try and work with people to resolve the problems and learn how we can stop them in future. I believe from what read you have sorted it, but do let me know if we can assist in future.

Without hijacking your thread we are building https://playercheck.co.uk to assist with reviewing players against a defence.

42 minutes ago, Castle said:

Thanks, I understand we may not hold responsibility for users actions but we do hold a moral responsibility to try and stamp out scamming or issues where we can. We can never solve it 100% but we can try and work with people to resolve the problems and learn how we can stop them in future. I believe from what read you have sorted it, but do let me know if we can assist in future.

Without hijacking your thread we are building https://playercheck.co.uk to assist with reviewing players against a defence.

So you'll get player data from the airsoft sites? How are you going to cross check duplication and more importantly will this require players to give their game sites their consent to have their data shared with you?

No reason you can't be successful, I await the news that UKARA began winging to the home office about you.

What we share

Not much actually, your details are stored to enable validation. When you enter these on other sites they are compared with our database and a risk score is sent back. This is the same as how credit cards are used.

I guess a the most simplest stage this will involve a "when was this person last reported to play at an airsoft site".

Which comes down to "did the airsoft site verify their players identities at every game". Weird tbh. Still, if you can get every site to report player numbers frequency and such, those statistics will be interesting to a lot of people, who will you sell that data to? :P

Less good is when the home office comes knocking with a "we hear you've got an up to date [sales transaction based] database of all RIF ownership in the UK, gimi".

/cynical.

2 minutes ago, Sacarathe said:

So you'll get player data from the airsoft sites? How are you going to cross check duplication and more importantly will this require players to give their game sites their consent to have their data shared with you?

No reason you can't be successful, I await the news that UKARA began winging to the home office about you.

I guess a the most simplest stage this will involve a "when was this person last reported to play at an airsoft site".

Which comes down to "did the airsoft site verify their players identities at every game". Weird tbh. Still, if you can get every site to report player numbers frequency and such, those statistics will be interesting to a lot of people, who will you sell that data to? :P

/cynical.

I'll open this in a PM if you want I don't fancy getting in trouble for thread hijacking :D

Which comes down to "did the airsoft site verify their players identities at every game". Weird tbh. Still, if you can get every site to report player numbers frequency and such, those statistics will be interesting to a lot of people, who will you sell that data to? :P

/cynical.

Initially, when players are added they follow the same rules UKARA enforce, this includes 3 games in more than 56 days from the first game. The user is added for a year of membership. PlayerCheck is designed to be transparent its not for data selling or mining. Purely for allowing used airsoft marketplaces to validate Members and to combat scamming, we pitched this to UKARA they sent us this.

Hi Zac we do not allow any compromises on the integrity of our system. The UKARA database is owned by its retailer members ( who pay for it )  for their own use, to verify  their own sales by checking players registrations. Players who are registered can also get verified their personal imports with UKBA.UKA RA is for new retail use only.

We actually plan once the government is reformed to try and sit down with UKARA and attend the home office meetings. Used sales is a massive market and require a regulated system for checking sales/users. PlayerCheck will be built not to serve Weaponcrates or one place but to be free for everyone to use via WordPress widgets and other self-validation. We are also promoting the use of UKARA by allowing sites to add users UKARA number or users to add their own UKARA number to be validated. The whole system is designed for quick, easy and transparent use so sites can use it without much more effort.

The weaponcrates app, for example allows you to "check in" to sites, we can easily port this to a stand alone application for players to "check in" to sites and scan a changeable QR code to promote a self-check in service.

All the non-identifiable statistics like "player count to a site, so on.." will be publicly displayed for everyone further data like "% of < 18s or % of new players" will be displayed on a dashboard to site owners. 

The idea is also to allow smaller stores and new retail markets to have a defence they can accept that conforms to UKARA's standard without play £500 to a system that is held together by ducktape, most new sites don't even check defences because they can't afford £500/pa to have access to UKARA that alone is an issue .

• Head Moderator
3 hours ago, Sacarathe said:

There's no nazi moderators here.

Correct, there are none here. However the grammar police are about :P

49 minutes ago, Castle said:

Initially, when players are added they follow the same rules UKARA enforce, this includes 3 games in more than 56 days from the first game. The user is added for a year of membership. PlayerCheck is designed to be transparent its not for data selling or mining. Purely for allowing used airsoft marketplaces to validate Members and to combat scamming, we pitched this to UKARA they sent us this.

We actually plan once the government is reformed to try and sit down with UKARA and attend the home office meetings. Used sales is a massive market and require a regulated system for checking sales/users. PlayerCheck will be built not to serve Weaponcrates or one place but to be free for everyone to use via WordPress widgets and other self-validation. We are also promoting the use of UKARA by allowing sites to add users UKARA number or users to add their own UKARA number to be validated. The whole system is designed for quick, easy and transparent use so sites can use it without much more effort.

The weaponcrates app, for example allows you to "check in" to sites, we can easily port this to a stand alone application for players to "check in" to sites and scan a changeable QR code to promote a self-check in service.

All the non-identifiable statistics like "player count to a site, so on.." will be publicly displayed for everyone further data like "% of < 18s or % of new players" will be displayed on a dashboard to site owners. 

The idea is also to allow smaller stores and new retail markets to have a defence they can accept that conforms to UKARA's standard without play £500 to a system that is held together by ducktape, most new sites don't even check defences because they can't afford £500/pa to have access to UKARA that alone is an issue .

There's no doubt that the folks over at UKARA are [indespensible] jobsworths as far as burning money goes. :) I hope you pull it together. What I've never understood was why ukara needed date of birth in addition to address/name, because they only need to verify your age not record it.

I personally hope you do make a database of RIF transactions. And for anyone which registers a handle with your site they have a publicly visible ebay style "feedback" page which shows all their dealings of airsoft IFs and RIFs with stores and players:

The name of the gun, their position as seller/buyer, the date, transaction type(forum, carboot, gamesite, store, import, and a general star rating for posting payment speed etc.

This, along with a similar list (on the same page) showing every game site they've played at and at what dates, doesnt make substantiating a defence and whether they should be traded with really helps imo. But I mean this suggestion long long term 12m +.

Myself I'm trying to sell a RIF right now, last two people messaging me both asked "where I am located" - since it says in my listing where I am I have to presume they cant read and block them. :/

So I like that you're making an effort to make improvements with transparency.

I'm happy to make this a thread if people want to throw questions or suggestions at me? 

37 minutes ago, Castle said:

I'm happy to make this a thread if people want to throw questions or suggestions at me? 

I say go for it.

15 hours ago, Sacarathe said:

Sure.

In the law sub perhaps?

15 hours ago, warlord said:

I say go for it.

Moved to here

Archived