I'm dreaming about airsoft!

Wongo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Being very new to airsoft, I find that I am spending all my spare time(who am I kidding? every waking minute I can!) reading as much info as I can. Watching all sorts of videos from reviews, guides to epic looking Milsim events. I find myself dreaming about all things airsoft. The crazy thing is that the dreams are becoming quite mundane, I woke this morning from a dream where I'm stood in a airsoft shop talking through various Rifs with the owner.  Going over what the possible upgrades could be etc.:huh:

Does anyone else find airsoft appearing in their dream world?

Is it just me and the sheer amount of info I'm trying to take on board at once?

if not Whats the weirdest airsoft related dream you've had? 

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. 

I must admit, I frequently have airsoft related dreams. The most common one is arriving to a skirmish and not having kit ready. I.e. game starts, and I'm still loading mags or something. Lamest nightmare ever :lol: It's worryingly frequent though. I always used to have dreams about being late for things (which I never am when I'm awake), but now it's always airsoft related. One recent one was that I arrived at a skirmish with a shiny new M249. When the game started I promptly realised it had no internals, and had to rush around a number of on-site stalls and shops trying to buy all the different parts to build the inside of the gun :huh:

Other ones I have sometimes are real war scenes mixed with airsoft. I had one once where a war was going on in a modern city, with jets flying around bombing buildings, but everyone was using airsoft guns. Probably generated from playing too much airsoft and watching too many war films. But no, it's not just you ;) 

I've had a few. Sometimes it's a game, sometimes it's about airsoft teching. I had one that was a skirmish on the Wetworks map from Modern Warfare that transitioned into a flat or someone's loft or something. Not had any nightmares about it though so that's interesting.

I've found myself in a similar situation when I first started. Reading about airsoft, creating shopping lists, watching videos, which in the end lead me to dream about airsoft. In on particular night I've woke up and asked

my fiance if she would like me to buy here a helmet with scope (how in the world does that come together). I've immediately fallen back to sleep while she started laughing and trolling me for the rest of the week.

I'm better now.

When I started playing airsoft, I had a few weeks of dreams where I was basically in an Airsoft shopping mall.

Since then, I've made a full recovery.

Wait till you start tactically clearing your hallway in your rig. That's when you finally know it's taken over your life lol

6 hours ago, Fumps said:

Wait till you start tactically clearing your hallway in your rig. That's when you finally know it's taken over your life lol

I've practised running and moving with slightly different loadout to see which is most comfortable, also a few dreams about guns which is worrying....

On 25/05/2017 at 2:42 PM, Fumps said:

I don't think drilling is bad, sometimes on my way to lectures I'll be slicing that pie in my head as I move around.

You do get some odd looks though when working out running with your fists above your heart - but gotta practice that operator gun position - dem guns be heavy.

Had a strange dream where I was at what looked like a comic convention at Braehead Arena, but the vendors were all selling new and used RIFs. Instead of celebrity signings, they had manufacturers showing off their "coming soon" stuff.

Wishful thinking I suppose.

Archived