What is Your Favourite Bit of Kit?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I do like my ODIN Sidewinder its crazy expensive but makes life much easier if not that then I'd say my Alpahtec grenade before it was stolen. 

The Raceface D3O mountain bike kneepads I wear under my combats. Comfy, don't move and probably the only reason I've managed to walk off the field on a couple of occasions.

FLYYE Spartan vest :D Made from CRYE multicam and it just feels amazing. Fits incredibly well, very adjustable and comfortable. Definitely my favourite bit of kit!

http://www.military1st.co.uk/products/fy-vt-m020-mc-flyye-spartan-vest-multicam.html?gclid=CjwKEAjw6e_IBRDvorfv2Ku79jMSJAAuiv9Y-AVx2sWgUbjPFgw2wMdXLUczzn-GpFl5oG-pfj1F1BoCqhnw_wcB

3 hours ago, Sacarathe said:

From a gamesite?

I like my TRMR, but ultimately if it's for a purpose, I like my single point sling (flyye).

Yeah at Southcaost CQB. I used it a large open flat carpark. Figured id come back for it at the end of the game. When I came back it was gone, took me and 3 other marshalls an under of searching before we gave up. I even chose the pink one so it was easy to see.

Dump pouch,  once forgot my belt and rig so carried my full mags in it too..

Also hangs just right so when I sit on my backside in the woods I dont get a wet bum :) 

Would be my DE UMP. Any other gun of mine that I played with regularly had an issue here and there, be it broken piston, shot motor, broken hop rubber etc. (I may take my guns through its paces :D ), the UMP has never failed me apart from once, when it rained so heavily the inside got a bit wet. Dried out, made sure all's good, still solid.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17 May 2017 at 5:45 PM, jcheeseright said:

Night vision.  

Totally agree,

super expensive, rarely used, but sneaking up on people in the dark and painting oblivious fools with an ir pointer feels real "operator"

My sidearm. Never play without it. Been running a P226 for the last year, thinking of adding a Glock 19 to the mix. But damn, you buy a new pistol, and all of a sudden, you've got to get a new holster, new mags, new mag pouches, it all adds up fast, end up spending just as much on the sidearm as one does on their primary. Plus some bellend pinched one of my sig mags last time I was at Coms Site. Shame on them.

On 17/05/2017 at 8:05 PM, BigBlackGlock said:

FLYYE Spartan vest :D Made from CRYE multicam and it just feels amazing. Fits incredibly well, very adjustable and comfortable. Definitely my favourite bit of kit!

http://www.military1st.co.uk/products/fy-vt-m020-mc-flyye-spartan-vest-multicam.html?gclid=CjwKEAjw6e_IBRDvorfv2Ku79jMSJAAuiv9Y-AVx2sWgUbjPFgw2wMdXLUczzn-GpFl5oG-pfj1F1BoCqhnw_wcB

I don't think I could ever justify £400 for a vest, not unless I'm doing some real fancy security contracting in helmand province and getting paid in blood diamonds.

26 minutes ago, Sacarathe said:

Don't everyone forget cost and worth are not the same thing, a guy saying I got a £400 item in a trade can easily miss that. :)

Luckily I didn't pay a penny!

Whilst it is my favourite bit of kit, no vest is worth £400.

Archived