Changing gearbox parts on old TM M4A1 Carbine

Hoyle
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have an old Tokyo Marui M4A1 Carbine that was manufactured back in 2000-2001.

I finally figured out how to take the sucker apart.  The gears look O.K. but I've heard that changing the o-ring is a good idea.

Where can I find parts to replace in my gearbox?

• Supporters

it's a version 2 gearbox, anything v2 compatible *should* fit (no guarantees on ANYTHING though, this is airsoft after all). 

That said, unless there's significant wear on any of the parts I wouldn't change a thing, you have one of the most reliable airsoft guns ever built there and changing bits is more likely to f*ck it up than improve it. 

• Supporters
18 hours ago, jcheeseright said:

it's a version 2 gearbox, anything v2 compatible *should* fit (no guarantees on ANYTHING though, this is airsoft after all). 

That said, unless there's significant wear on any of the parts I wouldn't change a thing, you have one of the most reliable airsoft guns ever built there and changing bits is more likely to f*ck it up than improve it. 

This.

I had exactly the same gun and started tinkering with it predominantly because I wanted to change the old 2 piece hop up for a new single piece unit. Eventually cost me the thick end of £300 in parts because nothing quite fitted right.

Stick a new hop rubber in it and leave the rest alone.

20 minutes ago, Lozart said:

This.

I had exactly the same gun and started tinkering with it predominantly because I wanted to change the old 2 piece hop up for a new single piece unit. Eventually cost me the thick end of £300 in parts because nothing quite fitted right.

Stick a new hop rubber in it and leave the rest alone.

Do you have a link for the rubber?  No idea what I'm looking for.

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Hoyle said:

Do you have a link for the rubber?  No idea what I'm looking for.

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/prometheus-aeg-soft-hop-rubber-purple

Archived