Semi-Auto Fire Problem

oOShadow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,  I'd just like to apologies before you read this as It's a bit of a ramble :unsure: i'm just making sure I get everything across.

So i'm new to Airsoft and as of yet I haven't been to any skirmish sites but hopefully be going soon as i'm hoping to pass my driving test this month :o.

A few years ago now I bought an SRC SR4-E (OG) https://www.bbguns4less.co.uk/products/src-dragon-m4-aeg-sr4-c-in-orange.html :unsure:.

When I bought this gun I payed the full price of £129.99 :o and with that I had 5000 Bulldog BB's and a 8.4V 1600Mh NiMh crane battery and after receiving this gun I was really excited until I realized  I had no way of getting to a skirmish site and didn't know anyone that goes either so my dreams were shattered :(.

So fast forward to 2017 I'm about to be driving (hopefully) and I have met people I can go with, I have done some basic upgrades to my gun so far but on testing after rewiring my gun to the back, I used Semi-auto and tried firing three or so shots quickly but this didn't happen, instead the first shot went no problems, the second pull of the trigger the gearbox started to cycle but I let go of the trigger before it fully cycled so when hitting the trigger the third time it fired the second round but with less power.

On Full-auto the gun is fine, in my personal opinion it shoots at a comfortable speed, but I would really like to attend CQB skirmishes so I feel having a quicker trigger response is key as most sites don't allow Full-Auto (as far as im aware).

So now to my question, what would I need to upgrade to improve my trigger response on Semi-Auto?

Thank you for reading and I look Forward to your response

Liam

Honestly, the easiest upgrade path would be to look out for something else.

But if you're really limited on budget then a decent 7.4v Lipo (plus the charger) , £10 for a Firestorm basic Mosfet and some 16awg wire might pep things up a bit. Plus they're probably going to fit in any other M4 you might get.

Other than that, clean the barrel and use 0.25g BBs and go out and enjoy yourself.

Well if my experience from SRCs is anything to go by around 10 rps seems to be pretty standard with a longer than average wind up for each shot. Upgrading mine is looking to cost my around £150 and there's always the risk when upgrading of spending lots of money only to put it in wrong and make it worst or break it altogether. For that price you may as well go get a G&G CM16

World of difference between the TCC M4 and the Dragon. The TCC is worth the effort and you'll end up with a nice gun. The Dragon is entry level, and that's not something SRC do well.

Archived