Noobs: 3rd Airsoft Game

warlord
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What did I buy?

I swapped out the single point sling for a molle T-bar version from Viper

My One Tigris JPC arrived

Baofeng UV-5R, antenna, coodio headset and Condor radio pouch

Viper dump bag

I went back down south to play Reading Mall again with Zed. They'd changed things up a bit since the last visit. Dropped a few shutters and closed a few doors so that even if you're familiar with the layout you might not be able to go where you thought you could.

Seeing as my JPC arrived I kitted it out with the radio pouch on the back and ran the very flexible Nagoya antenna up through the molle on the back so it wasn't flopping about. I also routed the cabling for the PTT headset and PTT button up through the molle so it's all squared away. I posted pics of the comms load out else where. But sewing the mic and ears into the foldable mesh mask worked brilliantly. I had at first thought my comms died in the field, but then realised my buddy had been taken out and dead men don't talk :)

The Viper sling I routed up through my right shoulder strap (comms on the left) and t-barred it into the molle at the back of the vest. That held the gun at the perfect height for me. The buckle fastener made it easy to drop the gun free if I needed to.

As I've run high caps before I thought I'd try out some mid caps instead. Luckily my mate had 5 spare to loan with his gun. I thought it would be more challenging to run mid caps and it was. Muffed the reload a few times, dropped the mag and fumbled to get it right. I ran the dump bag on the right which I didn't really like, but the left was taken up with 2 mag pouches. So I might have to try an see where to put the dump that I prefer.

This running about is definitely stretching my fitness level. A tendon or something popped badly in the back of my knee twice during the day. The last one more memorably so. I wear a fitbit and even though I didn't go back for the last game I'd out performed the previous months exertion at the same event. My recovery time has also been markedly better. I spent a week walking like C3PO last time. This time it's much better. So for me this is doing what I wanted. Do some exercise that doesn't mean going to the gym and have fun whilst doing it.

I only run mid-caps due to not liking winders or the amount of rounds it can open you up to using and I did try using a dump pouch once but resorted to getting fast mag pouches instead and as I'm using EPMS if it comes to it dropping them on the ground shouldn't cause any damage if I have to do a crazy fast reload. 

There are a few different style and brands for fast mags so it may be worth taking a look at some of these to see if these better fit your needs?

15 minutes ago, skillfulmmd said:

I only run mid-caps due to not liking winders or the amount of rounds it can open you up to using and I did try using a dump pouch once but resorted to getting fast mag pouches instead and as I'm using EPMS if it comes to it dropping them on the ground shouldn't cause any damage if I have to do a crazy fast reload. 

There are a few different style and brands for fast mags so it may be worth taking a look at some of these to see if these better fit your needs?

I wasn't over concerned about many bb's I used, you just use what you use :) But the wind, wind, shoot, wind, wind shoot and running around sounding like a baby rattle was annoying. A mate had the fast mags with the string pull that made life easier, but still rattle. But might have to look into some better pouches. I looked at some open top 5.11 and WAS and really like the WAS ones. But can't find anyone with any stock :(

Just now, warlord said:

I wasn't over concerned about many bb's I used, you just use what you use :) But the wind, wind, shoot, wind, wind shoot and running around sounding like a baby rattle was annoying. A mate had the fast mags with the string pull that made life easier, but still rattle. But might have to look into some better pouches. I looked at some open top 5.11 and WAS and really like the WAS ones. But can't find anyone with any stock :(

Yeah I use these: https://www.uktactical.com/c-694-itw-fast-mags-quick-change-mag.aspx As I prefer not having the cords to mess with and haven't had any issues. Uk tactical sometimes gets the mag pouches in may even be worth giving them a call to see if they can restock what you need. 

Just now, skillfulmmd said:

Yeah I use these: https://www.uktactical.com/c-694-itw-fast-mags-quick-change-mag.aspx As I prefer not having the cords to mess with and haven't had any issues. Uk tactical sometimes gets the mag pouches in may even be worth giving them a call to see if they can restock what you need. 

I did call them. They said they had no lead time on the ones I was looking for. No clue when they'd get any :(

https://www.uktactical.com/p-10842-warrior-triple-snap-mag-pouch-for-m4-556-multicam.aspx

The 5.11 ones looked really cool as they disappeared to nothing when you put the mag out. But were pricey and then might be a problem when you want to drop a mag back in.

18 minutes ago, NathyB said:

How does the T Bar viper sling work ?

It's pretty long so I route it all the way over my right shoulder and into the molle at the rear.

18486240_10209069285305570_235557915878458076_n.jpg

18485801_10209069285105565_7674421777597705360_n.jpg

On 5/16/2017 at 1:07 PM, warlord said:

Muffed the reload a few times, dropped the mag and fumbled to get it right.

Dropped the mag...!!! i should charge you for dropping my mags :P

15 minutes ago, springs said:

Dropped the mag...!!! i should charge you for dropping my mags :P

Erm, I won't mention kicking it across the floor then :o

• Root Admin

Eh, I think it can fall both ways certainly.

Mod note: OP, as you're doing a fair few of these, might I suggest we merge them into one thread as they all follow a continuous theme? Opening this many threads can jam up the forums a bit.

If you go for a fourth one of these, could you please post it here and do let me know if you'd like me to merge in the other two threads as well.

On 2017-5-16 at 2:56 PM, warlord said:

I did call them. They said they had no lead time on the ones I was looking for. No clue when they'd get any :(

https://www.uktactical.com/p-10842-warrior-triple-snap-mag-pouch-for-m4-556-multicam.aspx

The 5.11 ones looked really cool as they disappeared to nothing when you put the mag out. But were pricey and then might be a problem when you want to drop a mag back in.

UK Tac actually have these in stock at the moment. ;)

Only know because I just bought the OD universal pistol which they have just restocked. 

26 minutes ago, Robbh said:

UK Tac actually have these in stock at the moment. ;)

Only know because I just bought the OD universal pistol which they have just restocked. 

Ordered. You sir are a gent. B)

Archived