Importing

Joe142
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I'm a reenactor part of a group and want to import an airsoft rifle, is it possible to import as I am a reenactor so I have valid defence or do I need to have a ukara licence? 

(Not sure if this is the correct part of the fourum to post this, apologises if it isn't)

47 minutes ago, Joe142 said:

So I'm a reenactor part of a group and want to import an airsoft rifle, is it possible to import as I am a reenactor so I have valid defence or do I need to have a ukara licence? 

(Not sure if this is the correct part of the fourum to post this, apologises if it isn't)

What's a ukara licence?

If you have a valid defence, it may be slower than being on the UKARA database, but you will be able to import without issue.

I mean like I'm not on the UKARA database, so the rifle going through customs wouldn't be a problem if I have a valid defence? In this case being a reenactor

ukara is a database that stores players site membership details so unless you play you dont qualify for that. however you would use your own membership to a reenactment group/site/society etc.  There is a law section further down the main page, it's worth having a dig around there.

• Root Admin

Edit

Threads merged (OP, you've made two identical threads in two different places - please try to avoid doing that if possible) and moved to the UK Law subforum.

--

4 hours ago, Joe142 said:

3 hours ago, Sacarathe said:

What's a ukara licence?

If you have a valid defence, it may be slower than being on the UKARA database, but you will be able to import without issue.

What Sacarathe is saying is that there's no such thing as a 'UKARA licence', by the way. UKARA is just one way of being able to prove your defence for owning an RIF. A drivers licence is a licence because you need one to be able to drive, but there isn't a card/piece of paper/any one thing that you need to posses in order to buy an RIF - only 'valid' defences that a retailer may accept as truth and allow you to buy something. The liability for this is on the seller and not you as the buyer.

The UK Law section is good for this sort of thing and I'd encourage you to read up on it as legally airsoft does get murky in places, so knowing the right stuff and being able to impart that knowledge when you speak to people is a huge bonus to the health of airsoft in the UK as a whole. However, I realise you're a reenactor and so might not wish to familarise yourself with the full lot. You should know that being part of a theatre or re-enactment group is a generally accepted valid defence for buying an airsoft gun, so you should be alright with presenting that to most retailers. This is not something I'm personally familiar with, however.

Ohh Okay I understand you now guys sorry for the confusion haha, I'll have a read on the uk law page, thanks for all the help :) 

Archived