Favourite gun and why?

Wongo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi I'm new to airsoft and thought it might be useful to hear about people's favourite gun they own or have owned and why it is the weapon of choice for you. I'm hoping this will give me loads of different guns to look at, what the internals are etc. See if there is a common theme amongst them. Be specific with upgrades you've done. Maybe even say what sort of game types you play. 

I sense an excel spreadsheet coming on lol

Guest PT247

Currently my Krytac PDW, have only done cosmetic mods as out the box it shoots fantastically.

In the past it was my KJW KC-02, which I completely changed cosmetically and internally. Out the box they are ok and I didn't rate how it looked much, but fully upgraded it was a beast and IMO looked lovely too.

Tokyo Mauri recoil shock scar L.

absolutely love it, the 'recoil' and the bolt stop and it's really astethically pleasing!

shoots like a dream too!

I've got two personal favourites which I've dumped a bunch of money into.

Firstly, my KWA Kriss Vector and secondly my GHK/RATech M4 (Both are GBBRs, I don't really like AEGs). GBBRs are just a lot more fun to me. Aspects such as the recoil, sounds and their internal mechanisms are much more appealing to me over a rattling high cap mag and a whining gearbox of an AEG, in my opinion. AEGs are more practical  (you can carry a lot more BBs, don't have to reload so often unless you have low caps and aren't impacted by the temperature) but I value the fun factor way more.

I favour the Vector due to the ergonomics; it's incredibly comfortable for me to hold and just feels 'natural'. I love how KWA have incorporated the recoil mitigation system from the real Kriss Vector and that it actually functions. It also has quite a large magazine considering it is a GBBR (the long mags hold 49 BBs whereas most other GBBR mags hold 30 - 40). It is also one of my favourite guns aesthetically (love the futuristic look) and there's a lot of room for customisation with aftermarket parts. I also like 'unique' or rare items, this being one of them as it was discontinued some years back due to issues between Kriss USA and KWA. Internally, it just has a recoil kit from RATech but everything else is perfect.

Second favourite is the GHK/RATech M4. 

GHK has steel internals out of the box which is ridiculously helpful as parts will very rarely have any issues or breakages unlike the majority of other brands out there. As standard, GHK guns have a really strong kick/'recoil' which makes it all the more fun and their G5 magazines are probably the best out there in terms of gas efficiency. However, I still decided to buy a bunch of RATech upgrades because I absolutely love their products and had a specific build in mind. Externally, it has a RATech 7075 aluminium upper/lower receiver  (AAC marked) which is admittedly overkill for airsoft (a lot of real steel M4s have weaker 6061 aluminum recievers), RATech/Svoboda URX 3 AAC rail system/barrel/flash hider/gas tube/gas block set, genuine Magpul MOE stock and pistol grip, ambidextrous charging handle, etc...

Internally it has a RATech steel bolt (RATech uses a harder steel than GHK) and heavier buffer/recoil spring set, hop up, etc...

The only things that are GHK on it now are the magazines and the hammer assembly basically.

Both guns have their own set of attachments which I think works best on each platform.

I did start out with AEGs but I just couldn't look back after experiencing GBBRs. First gun was the SRC G36, moved to a G&G CM16 and then to a King Arms BW15 Carbine. I had a Krytac LVOA for a while but none of them particularly grabbed my attention.

Hope this helps you out a bit! The world of airsoft guns is definitely a confusing and (more often than not) very expensive in the long run!

My newish Krytac SPR in lovely green, only had it a little under a year and love it compared to my last gun.

fitted G&P red dot, stubby grip and wired to deans, shoots brilliantly.

• Supporters

Eeeek, this is quite hard, so I'll just list a couple 

WE L86, firstly because WE don't make them, I had to adapt a we l85, it's full off my own designed 3d printed parts, but I love the recoil off a GBBR, and as far as the we l85 community is aware mine is only 1 off 4 we l86's

TM VSR G-spec, mine is heavily modified, and it also features my own designed 3d printed parts, mancraft'ed ... i am overhauling it ATM, to make it even better and user friendly for me. Covered in cammo tape and jack Pyle llcs leaves

WE double G18c (stock).... this is just a fun gun, mega recoil

WE MP5SD3 (stock) because I got it brand new for around £250 if I remember correctly (long story), also managed to source the now rare high level TM claw mount for its optic

Ares VZ58c love the trigger response of this aeg, I also designed and 3d printed a bigger battery cover to allow me to use 11.1v lipo's, added the m4 mag converter/silencer/Optic etc

I love the HK G3 family,  I've got 4 variants currently, G3/SG1(JG),  G3/SAS (TM),   MSG90(TM + G&G conversion bits + scratch build),  MC51(CA + conversion bits).

I'm looking to get a PSG1  (or possibly make one from a donor gun with cosmetic upgrade parts) and finally a G3A3 (probably the ancient springer version if i can find one).

TM MK23 Only used it twice but it is now my CQB primary. Shoots great, looks fantastic (ok, its fricken huge) feels right and is as quiet as a mouses fart! 

Think I have spent more on this with extra mags and bling than any other gun I own :( 

Gun = £150

4 mags = £100

3D printed rails = £30

3D Printed holster = £50

pistol pouches = £30 (approx)

Belt = £30

Sight = £50

Torch = yet to be bought

and Looking at a new carry bag/case 

FML!!!

I love my Ares Ameoba honey badger out the box was shooting nice and snappy I switch up the inner barrel and hop up unit (weakest links in the gun IMO) and dropped in a new motor and SHS piston shots so fast on semi now its crazy. 

Well I have to many to choose from....

My G&P Daytona gun M4 has to be the best though, plug in the air tank and it's good to rattle off rounds for hours!

Has a hell of a kick and a monstrous sound which makes it even more fun to use couple that with Bolt lock function and it is in my opinion the greatest airsoft gun there is.

Not my gun but an example;

Then there is the AA12 it's just a beast and everyone knows it, had so many comments from the people on the other team and just when people hear it fire in full auto it just instills fear in the enemy team!

Then I have an A.P.S. Salient Arms she'll ejecting shotgun that is just incredible it gets a similar reaction to the AA12 in the way people don't want to get shot by it and the sound of it when you pump it. Pure awesome.

Granted they all have slight drawbacks,

• All of them were expensive.

• Daytona gun needs airline and bottles filled up, not a big issue in my book though.

• AA12 is on the bulky side for CQB.

• The A.P.S shotgun is long for a CQB environment and the shells need to be loaded individualy.

But for me the fun factor with all those guns far out weighs any of the drawbacks.

Hmm then I must not forget my Salient Arms 1911 pistol that once upon a time was a Tokyo Marui high capa that thing looks awesome and shoots even better I have played whole matches with just that gun before its that good.

So to summarize there are to many good weapons to choose just 1 I am sorry....

Alex.

Seriously considering a HPA at some point, love the idea of them and they are just beasts! But I know diddly squat and will need to spend some time looing at what I want exactly. they do seem a little confusing (maybe not) but lots of options available right now ad im not very technical

On 22/05/2017 at 10:21 AM, Albiscuit said:

Seriously considering a HPA at some point, love the idea of them and they are just beasts! But I know diddly squat and will need to spend some time looing at what I want exactly. they do seem a little confusing (maybe not) but lots of options available right now ad im not very technical

Well, now is a good time to not be buying HPA. Polarstar reckon they'll be releasing regulated CO2 powered HPA engines running on PTW magazines(bolt locks) where the CO2 bulbs will be loaded into the buffer tube of the stock. They claim 500 shot capability from a single bulb.

Also they're working on a daytona competitor - HPA without electronics.

The face of airsoft in two years mayhaps.

I know nothing!!

I thought HPA didnt have electronics :lol: 

I just see the beasts at sites, get totally rinsed and wish I could compete :P 

TM M4A1 MWS GBBR - I thought I enjoyed airsoft...until I bought this and realised that AEGs are fragile, rattley sewing machine sounding paperweights...ok, not as bad as that, but I've gone gas and I won't go back. Accurate, weighty, reliable (so far) and I just love the kick it gives on green.

In terms of GBB pistols, the TM P226 E2 is amazing. Great weight and balance. Great range. Just a great piece.

NBB pistol? Nothing competes with a TM Mk.23. It is a cool piece of kit.

16 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

I know nothing!!

I thought HPA didnt have electronics :lol: 

I just see the beasts at sites, get totally rinsed and wish I could compete :P 

Personally, I don't feel the HPA guns provide much advantage to dickish behaviour.

Archived