Noob from Bexhill/Hastings

Wongo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all my name is Alex or Wongo to a few close friends. I hail from sunny Bexhill on sea in East Sussex. I am married and a Father of 5. I am a virgin air-softer as I am still waiting to go to my local airsoft site(1066 airsoft) but have already thrown hours and hours into watching videos of game play, beginners guides and trawling various website ogling guns, gear and the like. 

I am trying to get as much information as possible before taking the plunge. This forum has helped massively so far with this even though I've only been lurking. So today I have decided to join what seems like a great community. I look forward to airsoft taking over my life.:lol:

Any advice anyone can throw my way with be gratefully received

hope to see you around

Wongo

There are three key starting points:

- Comfortable clothes; cool in summer, warm in winter, and there is nothing worse than soggy feet. Find a good surplus store and in my opinion, buy the best you can afford as I have found that buy cheap = buy twice. Genuine Army surplus is more likely than not going to last you, where as 'airsoft brand' clothing and apparel may not. A lot of 'surplus' shops stock some proper rubbish, so be aware.

- Decent eye-wear; get the best you can afford.

- Decent footwear; Doesn't have to be military, but it does need to be comfortable. Lots of outdoor companies make footwear that operators use over 'army boots'.

Go from there! All the rest is your choice and your money.

Have heard good things about the 1066 site/shop; but also look at ACE Combat at Paddock Wood and Battle Lakes near Frant.

23 minutes ago, Dentonboy said:

There are three key starting points:

- Comfortable clothes; cool in summer, warm in winter, and there is nothing worse than soggy feet. Find a good surplus store and in my opinion, buy the best you can afford as I have found that buy cheap = buy twice. Genuine Army surplus is more likely than not going to last you, where as 'airsoft brand' clothing and apparel may not. A lot of 'surplus' shops stock some proper rubbish, so be aware.

- Decent eye-wear; get the best you can afford.

- Decent footwear; Doesn't have to be military, but it does need to be comfortable. Lots of outdoor companies make footwear that operators use over 'army boots'.

Go from there! All the rest is your choice and your money.

Have heard good things about the 1066 site/shop; but also look at ACE Combat at Paddock Wood and Battle Lakes near Frant.

Thank you very much for the advice. I know to well the perils of incorrect foot wear. Went paintballing(sorry for swearing) lol. a while back got a horrible sprain from a fox hole and not looking where I was going. Lesson well and truly taken on board. 

Thanks for the heads up about ACE Combat and battle lakes. I hadn't heard of either of those.

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).  If you have been lurking a while then you should have found all the useful pinned (sticky) posts. Remember the search tool is your friend, so much useful information to read, as well as off topic and random posts.  Always good to leave a review of any site that you play at, good and bad points, which can help others who may be thinking of going there.

Thanks for the welcome Jedi, I have been making my way around posts relating to different things. The search function definitely does come in handy. No one wants to be asked the same questions over and over. 

Archived