Where do you buy your upgrade parts from?

Prisce
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

So I have been looking for a couple of internal upgrades, and have really been struggling to find the right part for a reasonable price. 

I was wondering( I doubt I'm the only one) if some of you more experienced techies have some advice on what shops/sites to buy upgrades from? Maybe you know a site that's great for quality/price on hop ups and another site that's great for barrels.

What would y'all suggest?

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I use Eagle 6 for my Prometheus barrels and hop rubbers.

Peter from @ak2m4 also has a great shop selling nearly everything you could want, especially if you're looking to upgrade on a budget.

Springs, gears, pistons, hop ups, barrels etc, plus loads of externals like rails and stock etc.

The Prowin copies he sells are great value for money.

I'm sure some of the guys can offer a lot more advice than me - I am but a basic tinkerer.

Infact, @Sitting Duck is a beacon of knowledge when it comes to his spare parts.

3 hours ago, Prisce said:

So I have been looking for a couple of internal upgrades, and have really been struggling to find the right part for a reasonable price. 

I was wondering( I doubt I'm the only one) if some of you more experienced techies have some advice on what shops/sites to buy upgrades from? Maybe you know a site that's great for quality/price on hop ups and another site that's great for barrels.

What would y'all suggest?

Pistols, AEGs, GBBP, GBBR? More specific, some sites like rainbow8 have very comprehensive ranges depending on what you're looking for and nothingness in others.

Guest PT247

if you want quality then you want PDI for inner barrels, I prefer the 6.05mm or the 6.08mm than the 6.01mm, gets better shot consistency for both accuracy and range.

http://www.x-fire.org/e.index.htm

They will sort you a custom length for you too so can get exactly what you are after. Don't forget to add VAT and Parcel Farce fee to the price. Whenever I upgrade a barrel I go PDI.

• Supporters
44 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

I'm sure some of the guys can offer a lot more advice than me - I am but a basic tinkerer.

Infact, @Sitting Duck is a beacon of knowledge when it comes to his spare parts.

Not quite - I have just broke a lot by taking the pi$$ and fitting stuff very badly at first

(I'm the airsoft version of Doug from Scrubs - I have learnt some of the stuff NOT to do)

+1 for AK2M4 - great place, move ya ar$e as some bits sell out quick

Upgrades - a lot of the time badly fitted replacement parts can be downgrades in the end

Prowin, Madbull & others do not come with magic TM dust & over rated imho

I still strongly advise if your barrel/hop is reasonable then build up a new hop/bucking/barrel combo

(if new unit is crap then you still got old one to go back to - strip old unit down, tear bucking, lose circlip = ya screwed)

ZCI barrels are quite good but they are not a prommy

SHS gears are good but not Seigetek

You should see slight improvement IF fitted properly

(plus still believe a sprinkling of luck on bucking/hop/barrel combos)

BUT you might already have a half decent bit of accuracy - sometimes you get lucky & it isn't that bad

So work with what you got, clean, set hop & use very good bb's before you dive into the "must upgrade" route

I'm no expert on accuracy & hop stuff but I know it is too damn easy to make things worse by going nutz

Hence maintain & set your stuff properly first - I have gone back to stock a number of times coz upgrade was $hit

(but I'm still a noob on bucking/hop area)

Guest PT247

Mate, stop selling yourself short.... you are probably the most informed tech on here of all time!!!

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

What kind of upgrades are you looking for? 

For what gun?

6 hours ago, Sacarathe said:

Pistols, AEGs, GBBP, GBBR? More specific, some sites like rainbow8 have very comprehensive ranges depending on what you're looking for and nothingness in others.

To be honest, I wanted to find out bits and pieces for all guns, I have a nice selection.(got to update the list on here)

like ak2m4, I hadn't heard of them until now, so I will check them out.

Nobody be selling them selves short, most people struggle putting batteries in to begin with.. Trust me, I have met a few already. 

On what I'm doing, I have just purchased a couple of "broken" guns to play with, I think I know what's wrong with one already, and the other is a time consuming but no parts fix. So I just wanted some suggestions for finding parts.

Thanks for your helps as always, you can guarantee that if i get stuck or struggle I shall be right back asking the knowledge in this forum.

Thanks for the shout out guys, always appreciated.  New SHS / Rocket stock coming in stock end of this week or early next week.  Next week Big Dragon order should arrive, lots of cool stuff for you to salivate over :-)

Archived