PTS EPM Midcaps

Lozart
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Anyone tried these? Looking for some midcaps for my G&G SCAR L, I know they need mods to fit the T4-18 but just wondered if anyone has tried the mags at all?

Got some, only my 2nd set of m4 mags, but they are built much more solid than anything else ive seen, and they've always fed well, with my cm18 and l85, needed to file the plastic down a tad on the l85, but other than that they are perfect tbh

I use 7 PTS EPM's and they are fantastic magazines. The build and quality is the best i've seen on an airsoft mag. The feeding is perfect and the mags show you how many bb's you have kinda which is nice...HOWEVER, on certain ones, the feeding will be poor or not work as the raceway is slightly too tight or poorly made due to tolerances and a bit of sharp plastic may stick into the raceway. To fix this if you actually do get the problem, a bit of sandpaper to the raceway. Search up "PTS EPM magazine maintenance" and a video should come up on YT showing it and not the PTS video. You'll know when you find it.

I've only heard good things and tested one out at a skirmish, and it fed much better than my honestly crap G&G plastic midcaps.

I also purchased one of those Nuprol 'pmag' midcaps. They feel really cheap, but they feed so well and are only like £12 a pop.

• Supporters

Awesome, thanks for the feedback guys!

• Supporters

The old PTS PMAGs were the most solid mag I ever bought, same deal with the EPMs, I tried to break one once and pretty much didn't managed it.  Tougher than pretty much any real firearm magazine I'd happily wager (the shell can't break because it's full of internal parts to deaden the blows).

On 04/05/2017 at 9:52 PM, Eenthuncob said:

I'm not sure about fitment on a scar but on my Krytac they feed wonderfully on full auto and semi. 

What's the fitment like?

I'm considering them for my SDP and don't want to spend cash on something that won't fit

They fit well with not much wobble at all and feed perfectly as long as you don't fill them all the way, the mags are the best quality I've seen as well.

• Root Admin

I have a couple for my M249 as backups and they work really well. The window and coloured follower (indicating when the mag if half empty) indicator is something that's nice too.

I just don't like how bulky the bases are, but they do accept PTS ranger plates if you want something smaller.

• Supporters

I have two random of these E-Mags, and I havent had any issues with them, but I use the old Gen 1 P-Mags, which have already been stated as being fantastic, and my teammates use KWA 120rnd mags. The two E-Mags are just backups.

The P-Mags I have are a little loose in my VFC Scar-L. Easiest fix - take some adhesive velcro, pitch the hook side, and put a length of the loop side on the back of the magwell. Works every time.

21 hours ago, Eenthuncob said:

They fit well with not much wobble at all and feed perfectly as long as you don't fill them all the way, the mags are the best quality I've seen as well.

So they'll wobble pretty much the same as the standard Krytac hi-caps then, for example?

• Supporters

Had an opportunity to try one on Sunday. A very kind chap let me try one of his in my SCAR. Fits like a glove. Didn't get a chance to actually run it obviously but I reckon it could be a goer!

16 hours ago, Paltala said:

So they'll wobble pretty much the same as the standard Krytac hi-caps then, for example?

No not as much as the Krytac mags, but enough room so it doesn't rub on the mag well. 

6 hours ago, Eenthuncob said:

No not as much as the Krytac mags, but enough room so it doesn't rub on the mag well. 

That's pretty much what I'm looking for. Cheers bro

Archived