ICS MP5 SD6 - Selector Cam

Sitye
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Ambitious one here, the selector cam in an ICS MP5 SD6 is made of "cheap" plastic that wears down fast (i'm on my 3rd)

I say "cheap" because at £6 + postage where i'm lucky enough to find one it's a total gip, considering this piece is about the size of a 5p piece.

Does anyone know of, or is capable of sourcing/making, a metal version to help rectify this issue?

Cheers

SiTye

• 2 weeks later...

It's not, it's a metal bar through it that eventually rotates the cam's square hole down to a circle.

I bought what i thought was a replacement, but was the SEF design (which is actually the right one for my body, but i forgot i bodged it with a dual selector switch when i got it) sooooo... (that may be the reason for the quick ware on that one (and by quick i mean a year))

I have replaced the entire lot from a bodged dual navy selector to the correct single sided SEF selector with matching cam (thanks to zero one and firesupport), but now i don't get full auto, it worked fine until i put the lower back in the main body. The selector doesn't seem to be turning quite far enough to engage full auto. The selector is quite stiff too, not over tightened but just stiff to click into place, maybe cause it's new?

Think i may need to replace the plate, but honestly cannot be f'd. I rarely full auto anyway. If anyone has any advice that may save me a future heartbreak or expense i am all eyes/ears though.

Cheers

SiTye

Archived