Carbon Buildup - Gate Titan's fault?

Katana
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I had the SHS HT motor for about a year which finally crapped out but had massive amounts of carbon buildup all the time, ever since I installed the Gate Titan when it first came out last year. When it died I replaced the motor and gears with SHS 16:1's and an ASG 30k motor and it worked perfectly except that I still get carbon buildup. I took it out for 1 game day and it didn't even make the end of the day before completely stopping and giving no reaction to pulling the trigger or connecting a new battery at all. I had to leave it for about 20 minutes and when I came back, it randomly started working again for about 2 midcaps before stopping altogether. The shimming is fine, the height is fine, the wiring doesn't have any nicks or cuts from what I see so I just don't understand why it does this? Now after about 3000 rounds the carbon was already building and there was a fair amount on there for just 1 game day of use. I made a post on reddit to see if anyone else had the same problem and some had it too with the only thing in common being the Titan itself. I'm using an 11.1v 25c battery.

Any suggestions?

2 minutes ago, Sitting Duck said:

7.4v & no AB

AB? Active Braking?

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, warlord said:

AB? Active Braking?

yup - a posi mosfet wired into the negative mosfet that briefly reverses polarity to slow motor asap

when the trigger released but aggressive AB increases wear on motor & heat

If possible run without or if tweakable set AB to min

should be able to jam this in there to help clean up the carbon a bit....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scratch-brush-brushes-fiberglass-watch-craft-repair-removes-rust-clean-tool-/301577334406?_trksid=p2385738.m2548.l4275

I can't adjust the Titan's AB and the only thing to turn it off is to turn off cycle detection which makes the gun fire on only automatic and turns off almost every feature. It apparently sets itself but with an m120 with a few coils off so more like an m115 spring, I don't really see how much AB I need for my setup. 

Edit: Looks like I'm stuck with a 7.4v for the time being. I tested my fps after short stroking 3 teeth and it is around 330 so I don't have much room to put a stronger spring in there. 

Gate sent me a couple of E-mails and plans to release adjustable active braking..........BY FALL Jesus that is a long ass wait for a problem I need cured now.

I same issue with the ShS high torque motor and a jefftron V2 trigger replacement mosfet. Lots of carbon from the AB though the AB is adjustable on the Jefftron.

The motor brushes wear out super quick with AB and I'm thinking about turning it off completely.

Archived