what fire mode do you use

M_P
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I suggest just practising. You'll get it eventually.

I swap hands completely, instead of just sholdering it on the left, much more effective... It's still wierd to fire like that, but it does work

Doing that way works for me as I can still get round the corner but I can fire my gun more effectively. I know what your saying thogh, depends on the situation I guess. ;)

Does anyone watch the magpul dynamics training videos, their really good?

iv watched a couple of the magpul training vids on youtube ..

its quite good .. apart from mostly just clips on youtube wich is annoying

I can fire lefthanded with rifles... i cant seem to get the front sight to line up with the rear... it would be good if i could... i would allow me to shoot around some corners without exposing myself to much... any advice

No, that isn't quite what I meant - I was responding to Craig's question over the poor positioning of the SA80 family's fire selector - accordingly, I sometimes fire the gun in the wrong hand - which means I don't catch the fire selector on my clothes.

Due to the placement of the SA80's charging handle and bolt, in real life you cannot fire it left handed (lest you wish to break your jaw on a bolt-handle flying into your face at 90mph, or have hot cases fly into your face)

Since I used to be a leftie (and am now mostly ambidexturous) switching hands/arms isn't too difficult.

Full auto 90% of the time. I only go semi if I am low on ammo.

Longest burst that I have done was................when the mag went dry.

FYI: Going semi all of the time wears down your trigger connectors a lot faster.

• Supporters
FYI: Going semi all of the time wears down your trigger connectors a lot faster.

That's my problem, I'm thinking about getting a two round burst MOSFET, i normally double tap anyway :P

The way i see it is as much as shooting some one with one shot is nice i ask this question WHY???

surely giving them a good pasting is much more fun and as it inflict very short term damage i dont feeo in the slightest guilty so FULL AUTO FOR A FULL MAG IS GOOD FOR ME AND BAD FOR THEM. Plus ammo is so cheap its an affordable fun thing to do.

surely giving them a good pasting is much more fun and as it inflict very short term damage i dont feeo in the slightest guilty so FULL AUTO FOR A FULL MAG IS GOOD FOR ME AND BAD FOR THEM

Some of us like to use real cap mags and go for the more milsim style, fully auto happy hi-cap gaming is what my team call "fail-softing" as there is no skill in pasting a bush until someone on the otherside calls hit but each to their own.

• Supporters
Some of us like to use real cap mags and go for the more milsim style, fully auto happy hi-cap gaming is what my team call "fail-softing" as there is no skill in pasting a bush until someone on the otherside calls hit but each to their own.

this is why I use semi lol, they have more rounds in an MP5 than an m249 lol.

• Supporters

pasting those who choose to aim is not very fun for us mid/low cap users, using full auto all the time gets you into the habit of being incapable of using any aiming device and just spraying and hoping for the best. It also means you are MUCH more likely to overkill (I see overkill as the same as not taking hits in unhonorable-ness)

Example: I was hiding in a trench, taking pot shots at some guys with a tri-shot shotty, they weren't taking hits (or at least not taking them very loudly), but the gun was underpowered, so fair play if they didnt feel it.

I eventually get up into the open to launch a counterattack and the following happened:

The 2 guys I had hit, who I had asked the marshalls to check were hit and came back saying they were hit (and thus out for the scenario) shot me, full auto - short range

3 more guys behind me open fire, I'm stuck in the middle of these 5/6 guys close range fire. Despite me shouting hit and raising my hand, they laid into me for a good few seconds. I was left in a reasonable amount of pain

as was a mate who had been shot at basically point blank in the back of the head with 10 rounds earlier in the day.

I agree, each one is entitled to open fire, as it gives them the knowledge that I was dead (SAS use a similar tactic, everyone makes a killshit so no-one is arguing about it giving the guy chance to fight back)

But if they had been on semi, the same outcome would have happened - Me being hit - and we would all have left happy (now is a good time to point out i had been taking even the vaguest hit, whereas they were far from it)

basically what I'm getting at is this; Don't pepper people, it isn't pleasant, infact it can be downright dangerous. I accept that some people are more trigger happy than others, just because I choose to use semi and aim I should not be punished for it by those who choose to ue high cap mags and a white-line to aim.

just think about it next time you open fire

If the enemy is taken out, you gain the objective and therefore your team wins, then who cares how you went about it? Ends justifys the means and all that, and yes i am highy pragmatic and practical :)

• Supporters

Would you be willing to accept that teh end justifies the means under any and all circumstances?

also, I did say I admit they are allowed to all shoot me, just not to the extent that they did. But the game is about honor, teamwork and skill

lacing a bush untill something on the other side shouts hit requires no skill, teamwork or honor.

Using tactics to outflank an enemy unit, then systematically reduce their numbers untill a point when an all out attack is suitable requires skill and teamwork and is a ###### sight more honorable than just laying into someone in the open untill you have hit every single part of their body.

In most cases, again im pragmatic, therefore id see what would be appropiate at the time

And no it dosent, but if it removes the enemy player from the game then who cares how he/she is hit?

From my perspective, if i got shot at loads i wouldnt mind (within reason, if they were pushing forward, shoting my through light cover etc) since they would fully want to make sure that im hit.

Plus auto is far more effective, considering that unlike real steel the recoil isnt mental thus not decreasing accuracy, more rounds go downrange thus more chance of hitting the target, as lets be honest airsoft waepons are not as effective/accurate as their real steal counterparts

But hey, each to their own...

Archived