TM Glock Magazine filling issue

alexandretea
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello guys,

So I found two of my very old Tokyo Marui G17 magazines that I want to use. However, impossible to fill any of them correctly, some gas gets inside but most of it sprays everywhere outside (I tried with green gas btw). I know that TM filler valve are not silent and that's supposed to be normal, but not to the point where the mag freezes and my hand with it! I'll attach a picture so you guys get what I'm talking about.

Obviously I opened the mags and greased/lubed them as they should be, so my guess would be that there's a problem with the filler valve? Both mags' valves could not survive through 7 years without maintenance (although without being used)?

Any ideas? :) Thanks in advance!

IMG_4702.JPG

there a small oring inside the valve it self so may have gone hard or may have shrunk try just drop a blob of oil straight in to the valve for 20mins and try gas then  

• Supporters

TMs dont have o-rings on the outside of the intake valve, normally because they have a pressure release valve so that when you gas up a TM mag it fills up and once maximum pressure has been achieved anything else vents out, its normally used to displace any air in the mag.

I tried lubing the o-ring but unfortunately it didn't work :/

So are you saying this pressure release valve has a problem? My mags are empty when I tried to fill them

• Supporters

The gas bottles can have slightly different sizes, maybe it can't slide fully into the valve. Have you tried an other brand?

Get an empty lighter, take it apart, unscrew the valve and there you will find a tiny O ring that's the correct size for the mag valve.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late answer, I was a bit busy. I tried with another brand and it's better! It still freezes a tad the bottom of the mag but it's better. Also I tried with brand new fill valves and the problem's still there.

So you're probably right Samurai, it's probably due to the size of the gas bottle's valve! Thanks :)

About adding a tiny O-ring, I read in some forums that it wasn't efficient because then the air can't go out and the mag won't be fully filled. Do you think it still worth it to add the O-ring?

Archived