Noobs: 2nd Airsoft Game

warlord
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What did I buy?

Well for game one earlier in the month I bought One Tigris foldable face mask, Bolle Tracker II glasses, a pair of viper knee pads and a J5 tactical torch.

Game 2. I swapped out the J5 torch for an equally cheap Amazon 501B torch from China, with offset picatinny rail mount and pressure switch. I needed a 18650 battery - no problem my son runs a vape shop :) I also bought some self adhesive camo tape. The tape only sticks to itself, so no residue on anything else. So I attached the torch to the run using the rail and camo taped the pressure switch so I could hit it with my thumb. Huge difference to game play. Dark CQB got me a few righteous kills being able to on off quickly.

Also bought a cheap single point rife sling. This added greatness made it so much easier to drop the weight onto it and move. It's surprising how much the weight drains your arms when you apply it to muscles that aren't used to it.

I also realised how much I like dark CQB sneaking about. It made me rethink a plate carrier and maybe my best option for my style of play is a battle belt. No high volume of bb's. Just sneak shoot and move.

Based on your love for Dark CQB i can't recommend an evening at Bristol Court House enough (seeing you play reading mall, you can't be too far away)

Always pleased to see a new player getting stuck in, one more game and you're ukara ready, then the spending really starts (trust me!)

2 minutes ago, Sitye said:

Based on your love for Dark CQB i can't recommend an evening at Bristol Court House enough (seeing you play reading mall, you can't be too far away)

Always pleased to see a new player getting stuck in, one more game and you're ukara ready, then the spending really starts (trust me!)

Can't be too far away... erm. Coventry in the Midlands. Reading is a couple of hours away. :) I usually stop over at a friends. Going back to the Mall this Sunday too. Looks like we're both play the Mall to get the 3 UKARA points.

But I don't mind travelling to play. In fact I'm planning on doing a bit of a tour to take in different sites, which was going to prove tricky to get UKARA. Hence the return to the Mall.

On 4/30/2017 at 10:54 PM, warlord said:

What did I buy?

Well for game one earlier in the month I bought One Tigris foldable face mask, Bolle Tracker II glasses, a pair of viper knee pads and a J5 tactical torch.

Game 2. I swapped out the J5 torch for an equally cheap Amazon 501B torch from China, with offset picatinny rail mount and pressure switch. I needed a 18650 battery - no problem my son runs a vape shop :) I also bought some self adhesive camo tape. The tape only sticks to itself, so no residue on anything else. So I attached the torch to the run using the rail and camo taped the pressure switch so I could hit it with my thumb. Huge difference to game play. Dark CQB got me a few righteous kills being able to on off quickly.

Also bought a cheap single point rife sling. This added greatness made it so much easier to drop the weight onto it and move. It's surprising how much the weight drains your arms when you apply it to muscles that aren't used to it.

I also realised how much I like dark CQB sneaking about. It made me rethink a plate carrier and maybe my best option for my style of play is a battle belt. No high volume of bb's. Just sneak shoot and move.

buy a better than a cheap one....

dont trust dropping your couple of hundred pound gun onto a buckle or strap made for a few quid!!

48 minutes ago, warlord said:

Can't be too far away... erm. Coventry in the Midlands. Reading is a couple of hours away. :) I usually stop over at a friends. Going back to the Mall this Sunday too. Looks like we're both play the Mall to get the 3 UKARA points.

But I don't mind travelling to play. In fact I'm planning on doing a bit of a tour to take in different sites, which was going to prove tricky to get UKARA. Hence the return to the Mall.

Well i would recommend a go in Bristol Court house, it's literally an old courthouse, with cells in the basement, pretty spooky when the lights go out but a good day/evening shoot.

I live in North Wales now, so miss it, but if you are ever up around this way, check out Shock and Awe, a good outdoor forest site, great players and a well run day!

On 4/30/2017 at 10:54 PM, warlord said:

What did I buy?

If you like Dark CQB environments one of the best in the UK has to be UCAPS Bunker. Its all played underground in an old bunker complex used for war time preperation and planning. My only advice would be with a battle belt here is that it can get stuck on some of the tighter corridors etc as I ran a similar load out. Personally  a high chested plate carrier is what I find to be the most useful to me and run the sling through the shoulder straps. 

If you want I can bung you a picture of my vest system for ideas? 

And if you ever come this far south to play in the bunker let me know!

17 minutes ago, skillfulmmd said:

If you like Dark CQB environments one of the best in the UK has to be UCAPS Bunker. Its all played underground in an old bunker complex used for war time preperation and planning. My only advice would be with a battle belt here is that it can get stuck on some of the tighter corridors etc as I ran a similar load out. Personally  a high chested plate carrier is what I find to be the most useful to me and run the sling through the shoulder straps. 

If you want I can bung you a picture of my vest system for ideas? 

And if you ever come this far south to play in the bunker let me know!

I think that's the venue @springs is on about me coming down to. My next game will probably be the Mall again so I can get the final UKARA box ticked and then buy some hardware to tour a few sites as walk ons. Looks like I've got a few guys I know around the Midlands that play a few sites too.

I liked the idea of the belt and it was cheap enough, but I also like to run with clean back and front as much as possible. My plate carrier only has the radio on the back and nothing on the front other than the built in mag pouches so far. By all means throw up a pic of your vest.

If you liked the rifle sling, check out a Molle vest. it is great for carrying things and taking the weight off your arms. 

9 minutes ago, TicTacOps said:

If you liked the rifle sling, check out a Molle vest. it is great for carrying things and taking the weight off your arms. 

Lol, game 3 saw me swap the sling for a molle version :)

Archived