MP5: Which manufacturer?

rolfinator
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys,

since I constantly get awesome advice in this forum, I will give it another try :)

My local Airsoft dealer is having a clearance on all MP5 models he has available and I always wanted to get one.

So, the following models are still available:

CYMA:
MP5A4
MP5J
MP5K Full Metal
MP5J Full Metal
MP5K PDW Full Metal
MP5J Full Metal Blowback

Jing Gong:
MP5SD6
MP5K PDW Full Metal
MP5 A4 Full Metal
MP5J Full Metal
MP5 SD5 Full Metal
MP5 SD6 Full Metal
MP5K CQB FS Full Metal

G&G:
CM MP5 A4

I have read in some forums, that I shouldn't get a blowback because of the needed maintenance. But for the actual models, the advice seems to be G&G.

What would you suggest?

• Head Moderator

Decide if you want a gun that is electric or gas operated.  Is there a particular variant that you like/dislike? i.e. love SD6 suppressor and hate solid stocks.  Are they all the same price, are you limited on make/variant due to budget?  Do you want one that works well from the box or are you planning to 'upgrade' it?  Answers those questions and it may narrow down the options for you.

50 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

Decide if you want a gun that is electric or gas operated.  Is there a particular variant that you like/dislike? i.e. love SD6 suppressor and hate solid stocks.  Are they all the same price, are you limited on make/variant due to budget?  Do you want one that works well from the box or are you planning to 'upgrade' it?  Answers those questions and it may narrow down the options for you.

I would like to get an AEG with no solid stock and not foldable.

Budgetwise, I have about £180 to spare. The best case would be, if the gun is great out of the box. I upgraded quite some stuff within my L96 lately, so I would like to have a reliable gun that doesn't need *a lot* of upgrading to be good (although, it shouldn't be a limiting factor- there are always a few bucks left^^).

And one more thing: I am mostly playing outdoors and not CQB anymore- do you think the MP5s are strong enough out of the box (>1joule)?

I didn't want to narrow them down in advance to not exclude the most valuable gun/manufacturer^^

35 minutes ago, Samurai said:

CA. I happen to sell one. :)

A bit above my budget :D

If anybody wondered: I opted for a Classic Army MP5 A5. As here suggested (backed by several posts I read across the Internet), the CA is worth the few bucks more :)

Thanks for the input, guys!

1 hour ago, Samurai said:

I suggested it but you didn't buy mine. Shame on you. :D

I *almost* pinged you :D

But the folding stock -.-'

However, thanks for guiding me to CA :)

Archived