Removing paint from two tone CYMA M14 (cm032/32a)

Awisn
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'd like to say hello to all of You first, as I'm very new to this forum and airsoft as well;) 

To the point. I'm forced to buy a two tone gun as I do not hold UKARA nor I have any other defence. I love the looks of M14, CYMA's in particular, as the money/quality ratio is very good. Can I ruin the original paint by removing the two tone with some chems? Also the short version of the rife is covered by a grip like structure, is it possible that i could actually ruin that too? I'm planning to either buy a fake wood version or olive.

I'd love to know your opinion guys, thanks!

• Head Moderator

My response is to get your defence so you do not need two-tone in the first place.  It is not difficult to play the requisite 3 games and obtain site membership, then buy a realistic weapon.  As long as you can be patient for the couple of months (like many of us do) it takes to qualify for site membership, you are not forced to buy two-tone.

2 hours ago, Jedi_Master said:

My response is to get your defence so you do not need two-tone in the first place.  It is not difficult to play the requisite 3 games and obtain site membership, then buy a realistic weapon.  As long as you can be patient for the couple of months (like many of us do) it takes to qualify for site membership, you are not forced to buy two-tone.

Tsk tsk, these posts are usually made by children, how could you take the bait, shame on you.

• Head Moderator
6 minutes ago, Sacarathe said:

Tsk tsk, these posts are usually made by children, how could you take the bait, shame on you.

But children (those under 18) are not allowed to buy an imitation firearm.  That is why I do not pander to paint removal.

I'm a noob. I also can only buy a two tone gun. I want to know the answer too.

.... oh wait, no I don't :D

2 hours ago, Sacarathe said:

I'm not a child, rather than spending 15 pounds for rental times 3 I'd buy myself 3 extra mags. 

Would anyone have any knowledge on the actual subject of this topic?

2 minutes ago, Awisn said:

I'm not a child, rather than spending 15 pounds for rental times 3 I'd buy myself 3 extra mags. 

Sorry pal, that was a gest between myself and the other guy. :)

You're not 'forced' to do anything, but a retailer cannot sell you a RIF without a valid defense.

My local site offers a scheme whereby you purchase a RIF through them before you have a defense. However the only bits you can take home are the mags/batteries /charger etc. They hold on to the gun and bring it along to the skirmish site until you've attended 3 times and have your defense (site membership / UKARA).

The other option is to purchase a two tone gun where the colour is applied to parts that are easily and inexpensively replaced EG an M4 where the stock and fore end are painted. A shop will generally paint with Krylon which is fairly easily removed with acetone, but this will attack plastics (attack as in melt... A lot). Krylon can be removed with, allegedly Dettol or Fairy Power Spray but I've not tried it personally. Whatever you try and remove it with it'll be an arse to get out of all the nooks and crannies.

12 hours ago, Awisn said:

If you're an airsoft skirmisher, then that's your defence

UKARA with 3 games is the main method of establishing that to defend the retailers under the VCRA

It's covered on some other threads about repainting or removing paint (based on having the defence). Without the Defence then repainting or removing the paint would be an offence under the act

No-one can say for sure if you would do any damage removing paint.  It will depend on the paint, what you need to do to remove the paint, and if any chemicals you use affect the plastic parts as well 

Thanks guys for your help and time. I won't risk buying a two tone M14, I'll buy a two tone side arm instead and get the primary once my UKARA number is issued. Thanks again for sorting out my doubts!!!

4 hours ago, Awisn said:

Thanks guys for your help and time. I won't risk buying a two tone M14, I'll buy a two tone side arm instead and get the primary once my UKARA number is issued. Thanks again for sorting out my doubts!!!

Just buy a two-tone combat machine, they hold their value well.

Archived