Sig Sauer p226 misfiring

smike
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, I'm a mega newbie. I ordered a Sig Sauer p226 which arrived yesterday, but I'm having problems with it.

9/10 it won't fire pellets properly. It cocks and fires, but the pellets don't come out. Then after a couple more empty shots, it'll blast out 3-4 at the same time. When it runs out completely, I eject the magazine and another couple of pellets will fall out the bottom of the gun. 

I don't really know how to fix it. Even putting one pellet directly into the barrel only results in it being fired out properly 50% of the time. When they do come out, the shot is powerful and accuracy seems good (to this rookie).

Any advice? Is it just a faulty unit, or is there something I can do to sort this irritating problem?

Archived