Anyone ever put a RIF in the blue recycling bin?

Sacarathe
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Head Moderator

No.  If it did go in the recycling bin, I would strip it down into component parts so that it was not a whole gun.  Alternately, strip it and sell or give away any parts that could be of use to someone, i.e. stock, rails, sights, etc.

40 minutes ago, sp00n said:

I normally just sell my old guns .... helps fund new'uns ;) 

Part of me was thinking about what imtriggerhappy said about entry level gear not retaining value because it's so cheap. I was a little tempted to drop my mp5k in the bin rather than give someone a perfectly good gun for half of what I paid for.

Mainly because I cba to work out how to legally sell it.

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Sacarathe said:

Part of me was thinking about what imtriggerhappy said about entry level gear not retaining value because it's so cheap. I was a little tempted to drop my mp5k in the bin rather than give someone a perfectly good gun for half of what I paid for.

Mainly because I cba to work out how to legally sell it.

I know what you mean, it can be a mine field ATM. I would see if you can put up a forsale sign at your local field.

• Head Moderator
6 minutes ago, Sacarathe said:

entry level gear not retaining value because it's so cheap.

Because it is cheap it matters less, as the loss is small.  Makes cheaper items disposable. 

Two-tone it and offer as an entry level gun?

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Jedi_Master said:

Because it is cheap it matters less, as the loss is small.  Makes cheaper items disposable. 

Two-tone it and offer as an entry level gun?

I think it's more of a case of the 2/3rds goes out the window because cost of used to new is so small people will often just buy new. You quite often have to bite the bullet and settle for less than it's really worth.

4 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

If it's going in the bin, I'll have it! :)

Bloody key board ninja. Beat me to it!

• Head Moderator

Bring it to the forum private game at The Mall tomorrow and see if there are any buyers.

1 hour ago, Jedi_Master said:

Bring it to the forum private game at The Mall tomorrow and see if there are any buyers.

That's a really good idea, however it's not an option. :/

Actually it's the accessories which are the huge burden, the gun itself i'd part with for £60 if I could get back the costs of all the other parts.

I love the gun, but it's too heavy for me to wield effectively.

Well, I don't know how anyone thinks I would trade with them when they demonstrate utter fails at being able to read.

On 27/04/2017 at 9:25 PM, Sacarathe said:

Do not contact me if you can't sort out your own defence.

I've had several PMs now all in the same vein: "my defence this, or how do I defence that?" - Well, even if you do defence I don't want to trade with people wot can't read.

Maybe I'll send it to geartech for an AOR2 makeover and keep it as a showpiece.

Archived