Can anyone explain the difference? VR16 or Avalon

warlord
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Response from VFC

The AVALON Saber also upgraded lots details like:

-6.03 Precision inner barrel
-Upgraded Hop-up bucking 
-Ambidextrous control Steel selector kit
-Straight competition trigger
-Steel magazine catch/bolt catch
-Hi-speed/torque motor
-Gearbox Integral MOSFET set
-Factory 395fps (120m/s) power setting (*Regarding on local laws may different) 
-Crusader CNC Aluminum Ambi-charging handle latch
-Crusader 360° Stock sling ring
-Come with Hard gun case

• 2 months later...
On 8/5/2017 at 4:55 PM, warlord said:

Response from VFC

The AVALON Saber also upgraded lots details like:

-6.03 Precision inner barrel
-Upgraded Hop-up bucking 
-Ambidextrous control Steel selector kit
-Straight competition trigger
-Steel magazine catch/bolt catch
-Hi-speed/torque motor
-Gearbox Integral MOSFET set
-Factory 395fps (120m/s) power setting (*Regarding on local laws may different) 
-Crusader CNC Aluminum Ambi-charging handle latch
-Crusader 360° Stock sling ring
-Come with Hard gun case

is it just for 2017 unit production or from the beginning avalon out in the market ?

20 hours ago, SibuL said:

is it just for 2017 unit production or from the beginning avalon out in the market ?

I'm afraid I can't answer that. But mine arrived with all of that.

On 24/7/2017 at 7:30 PM, warlord said:

I'm afraid I can't answer that. But mine arrived with all of that.

no problem, thanks anyway.

btw can u write review about this unit here ? what your impression about this unit.
because this is one of units i consider to buy for my first unit.

thanks in advance, and sory if my english a little bit messy, english is not my native languange.

I'd find it a little difficult to write a review as the only thing I have to compare it to are a few loan RIF's from friends and sites. That said I'm not disappointed in my purchase at all.

If I'd of changed anything I'd have asked gun-fire to downgrade it to 330-340fps for me before shipping. I didn't realise you could do that. So when it arrived it was shooting to hot at 370fps for the sites I would play at. Being a noob I then thought I'd use the spring guide on here and just replace the spring with an M100 to get it down to to 330fps. However, it actually raised it to 410fps! After getting an M90 spring and putting a few thousand rounds through it, it came down within scope.

I'm glad it has a quick spring change on the gearbox. Even though actually getting the gearbox out is a challenge, but it's the same on all M4's.

After an email from VFC who have been good at support, they suggested using an 11.1v battery as standard. I noticed it was much snappier, but I also suffered a few overspins firing two rounds at a time. So I've stepped back to a 7.4v. It will happily take a 1300mAh crane type lipo or a 1100mAh single stick. Either of them happily last me for an all day Sunday game.

Trigger response and accuracy are very good. I'm pleased with how well it groups my shots. The stock iron sights line up perfectly with my red dot so I can use them without removing it if the battery runs out.

Before I purchased I did read some comments about the stock being rattly and it's a fair criticism. It has some movement on the buffer tube so it will rattle.

Archived