G&G CM16RAIDER UPGRADE FPS PARTS

Mad maori
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all MadMaori here .I'm new to airsoft an this is my second airsoft weapon 

I have a standard G&G cm16 raider @340fps on 0.20 bb's  .I have done a couple internal upgrades, m110 spring an a 6.03 363mm madbull inner barrel an get around 350fps on 0.25 bb's .I want to increase the fps to 450-500fps but I'm not sure if I'm able to do this an if there are the right parts available to make this happen an still have a reliable an safe weapon to use .Has anyone done something similar already or inform me of the parts that I will need to make this happen . Apparently I can't take the outer barrel off so I can put a longer one on so I can run a longer inner barrel I have attached a suppressor to the end an only have a couple inches left before barrel.protrudes the suppressor. I'm thinking a m140 to m150 spring shimming the gear box , aoe so far is my knowledge base .

Other parts needed ? 

Metal gears an bushes

New piston an cylinder head 

High torque motor

New hop up 

Rhop or flat hop 

Bucking 

OR any other suggestions 

Any info on this subject would be appreciated 

Why does it need such high fps? I've never owned a G&G Raider but they seem pretty popular beginner/back ups so I take it there pretty reliable. If your looking for a DMR super gun you won't find it down this expensive path...you will end up with something marginally better then what you started with or a gun that's to hot to use anywhere and possibly illegal. If you want more "consistent" range and accuracy I would recommend an Rhop and a flat nub mod, no messing with the gearbox. 

• Head Moderator

This chart (copied from another thread) lists the legal limit for each weight of BB.

https://www.ukapu.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Absolute-fps_chart.pdf

so your 0.25g BB cannot exceed 334.58 fps (1.3 Joules for automatic).  Therefore, having 350 fps for full auto restricts you to using 0.23g BB. All assuming you are not locking the gun to single shot.

The OP is in New Zealand, so our limits do not apply.  Still agree with the others that, although the G&G cm16 Raider is a good base model, it's not one that most people would choose to upgrade to a high fps output weapon.

• Supporters

seems like the limit is 400 fps auto

anything firing 400 to 500 fps on 0.20's must be semi only....

http://forums.war.net.nz/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1629

So a bit like USA perhaps ???

Unless you lock gun to semi then you are looking at about a m120 spring limit

If you look into upgrading gears/bushings - then probably steel bushings under the gears

Replace so-so G&G gears with either a 18:1 or 16:1 set max to pull slightly larger spring

The bronzey bushings should be replaced - they wear easily

replace cylinder with a further back port or nearly full cylinder 4/5 if lifting heavier bb's

look into changing piston and almost certainly the piston head coz it sucks

sorbothane or silicone on cylinder head - maybe a new cylinder head but certainly some impact cushion

Get it up near 390-395 fps and leave it at that

Longer barrels mean very little and if you go past 400mm with heavier bb's you need more volume etc....

TBH - 357 if it is a long Raider - maybe 400mm max but most stuff over say 300 - 400mm should be ok

You got a Dargunov already so just keep this tweaked as a general m120 aeg and she should be fine

don't be fooled into thinking you have to have a STFU Mad Bull barrel hanging out your gun either

if you are getting 350 fps on 0.25's then you are probably at 380-ish on 0.20's

if those site limits are correct you are quite near your field limits anyway

try decent 0.28's or 0.30's for better performance/range/accuracy & keep barrel clean etc....

not being funny but too many think they have to upgrade stuff but fail to clean/maintain what they have

or try to improve upon stuff but still use a dirty barrel with $hit egg shaped 0.20's

Archived