G&G firehawk upgrades

SELTS090
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Evening all,

Really enjoying my new firehawk however i loath better grouping as they arent the best as it stands.

Would changing the barrel to a prommy 6.03 barrel and flat hopping it see me with better accuracy, groupings and range?

Any other suggestions are appreciated other than changing the gun or scrapping it off.

Thanks

• Head Moderator

Some obvious causes for poor grouping would be: inconsistent hold and position when firing, snatching your trigger, incorrect sight picture when looking at the target, your breathing.

You do not say whether you are taking single shots or bursts.  At what range you are shooting and the spread of the grouping, i.e 10m range with 20cm group. Are you shooting supported or unsupported.

• Supporters

I would have thought .28's would have been abit too heavy in such a short barrel. I used to use .25's when I had one.

my big gripe with my fire hawk was the slow trigger response, and it was the major reason why I sold it on

I use a CQB M4 with a 170mm barrel in woodland with 0.28g. That hits what you point it at, and from plenty distance

What bucking and nub are you using at the moment? The stock G&G bucking is usually pretty good, but if it's got contaminated or worn it might be having trouble lifting the heavier BBs.

ahhh im loving it indoors with my tracer unit. just looking for something outdoors. im using the last of my 28s before trying my 25s. its completely stock as it stands.

looking ay trying to get an lmg at the fair sunday or maybe a sniper. no idea as it stands

Lmg! I've just started putting together one of these...

tmp_29452-va_IMG_0085-1677810141.jpg.33adeab0a9950c23e844dd65c2296af7.jpg

because 35rps and a 3000 round magazine sounds like fun.

3 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Perfect gun for people who can't aim for sh*t.

Yep. But when you can aim it makes the other team have to think outside the box.

• Supporters
Just now, Hangtight said:

Yep. But when you can aim it makes the other team have to think outside the box.

Nah you just hang back and wait for the grinding noise as your sector gear goes through your piston. 

Then love tap you with a single shot and a smug grin.

• Head Moderator
9 minutes ago, Hangtight said:

Beaten to the punchline,

Wait until they run out of money (£5 per 3000 BBs) refilling the box mag and then double tap B)

Snipers are a whole different game, both to get them shooting nice and in the field. But a little fire team with an SAW can either create havoc, or can add an extra dimension to a game. Create a choke point and use the SAW for area denial, then watch the other team have to think their way around the problem rather than just charging through the same gap they do every week.

• Supporters
42 minutes ago, Hangtight said:

Lmg! I've just started putting together one of these...

tmp_29452-va_IMG_0085-1677810141.jpg.33adeab0a9950c23e844dd65c2296af7.jpg

because 35rps and a 3000 round magazine sounds like fun.

Been there down that 40rps+ 5k box mag (manual wind)

But I still can't shoot for $hit and look a bigger noob than I am already...

zN6Hyit.jpg

but I did make a w@nky HC05 a faster w@nky HC05

https://airsoft-forums.uk/index.php?/topic/25944-gg-fire-hawk-firehawk-hc05-dsg/

Still $hit coz no semi - avoid a HC05 dumb ar$e idea from G&G

If you can grab a first edition FH they were Top Tech's and were very snappy at launch

Then G&G did a sneaky downgrade to drive chain - probably to help it start pulling the spring

Shorter barrels like MP5k's often need a slightly beefier spring to hit 350fps

So probably went easier on gearing but sneaky bastids never mentioned this - w@nkers 

STD FH - run it on more juice as the gearset is lame 22:1 aprox

They used a 8 tooth bevel which is why it runs a bit slower than

Only one problem - can't fit much of a beefy battery in the damn stock tube though :(

5 minutes ago, Sitting Duck said:

Been there down that 40rps+ 5k box mag (manual wind)

But I still can't shoot for $hit and look a bigger noob than I am already...

zN6Hyit.jpg

but I did make a w@nky HC05 a faster w@nky HC05

https://airsoft-forums.uk/index.php?/topic/25944-gg-fire-hawk-firehawk-hc05-dsg/

STD FH - run it on more juice as the gearset is lame 22:1 aprox

They used a 8 tooth bevel which is why it runs a bit slower than

Only one problem - can't fit much of a beefy battery in the damn stock tube though :(

get one of them side bag things to put a battery in?

• Supporters

Nope fixed stubby stock on a few of my guns

Image result for fixed stubby stock

works out quite well - non adjustable of course but for CQB stuff the gun is usually tucked in tight so works ok

But they are getting tricky to find at times

That poxy DSG gearbox is coming out one day and will become a normal but snappy FireHawk

End of the day, it is the player's performance that wins the game not really the gun's

Sure a good gun helps no doubt about it - but so does a players skill

Archived